Updates from Afghanistan

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:11 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:damn.

i'll always remember today as "the day the dream died."

maybe you can still join up with some sort of mercenary group like you wanted to in the first place. I'll keep the hope alive.

.lm.
isn't that the same hypocritical line of thinking of the people who bomb abortion clinics, the old "fucking for virginity" paradox.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:24 pm

How so?

I'm not saying it because i'm "for" anything other than an aggro racist fuckwit getting his balls blown off. That's just justice, as far as i can tell.

i know i'm supposed to water down my opinions to be "nice," but i'm not interested in making friends with anyone on false pretenses. Feel free to hate me, but you are going to hate me for me and what I think.

I'd rather have that than have anyone like me for some bullshit front that i present.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:28 pm

fair enough, Breqs wrote other stuff you disagree with, it's not just the anti-soldier thing coming into play.

no problems with you keeping it real, you do that well. the only thing that really makes me dislike someone is fuckwittery, you're not a dumb person, you just keep your pimp hand strong, totally different things.

not hating, I just made an inaccurate observation.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Aren't pride and anonymity mutually exclusive ?
spreader of butter

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:50 pm

of course.

are you implying that Breqs can only be proud because he's kept anonymous?

it's a loaded question, out with it!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:59 pm

No...

I just think he's a bit of an uber-hypocrit-o-cunt for going so far out of his away to emphasise his Pride whilst simultaneously employing the same tenacity in maintaining his anonymity.

I think if he's going to maintain that sig of his, he should attach his name + a profile pic. It's pretty pathetic otherwise, in my oh so humbly humb hum humble opinion

:P
spreader of butter

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:10 pm

i just can't agree with anyone who truely believes that there are "islamofacsist" boogey men lurking in every corner. I have enough of a sour taste in my mouth about this war to begin with, to then have an entire religion and culture demonized in such a way is just ignorant and offensive to me.

.lm.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:11 pm

what would happen? would he get your respect? nope. do you think he wants your respect?

IMO he's stated his views, stuck to them and laid out some really cold hard facts about how he views the whole situation. in the realm of OT he's put up some pretty heavy material, probably the most out of any poster.

agree or disagree, it's interesting stuff, too bad more respect didn't come into play so more time could be spent on the issues.

IMO.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:16 pm

The way i look at it, respect is earned, not simply deserved on the merits of being another sack of flesh. If you act like a cunt, and have the opinions of a cunt, then you are cunt in my eyes until you prove otherwise. For me, the benefit of the doubt ends the second a huge shit comes flopping out of your mouth. I would expect that others judge me in the same way.

.lm.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:21 pm

leisuremuffin wrote: I would expect that others judge me in the same way.

.lm.

Oh, don't worry. We do.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:46 pm

...what? No one wants to see me and Tone flame each other over Bicycle riders and the high price of gas

damn...what's this forum come too

I agree with leisure

The dream has died
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:i just can't agree with anyone who truely believes that there are "islamofacsist" boogey men lurking in every corner. I have enough of a sour taste in my mouth about this war to begin with, to then have an entire religion and culture demonized in such a way is just ignorant and offensive to me.

.lm.
Sums it up well, there are plenty of intelectual, cultural, zenophobes out there. Respect is not something I give for fluent debate style and manners. I think it's a class/work ethics/ manerisms thing, you work in a construction environment and you become fully aware that there's a huge disconnect between manners and action. It seems to me desk jockys get fooled by this on more regular basis.
Otherwise explain why every muslim on this board is treated to a list of books they need to read to educate themselves on the religion they very likely were born into, or at the very least patronized by mbreqs. That alone made me lose any respect I had for his veiws.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:28 pm

omfg an elitist house painter. lmfao!

between being an asshole like you or picking the brain of someone with a really out there opinion, I'll take the opportunity to learn.

you wanna play the race card? PM the moderators, they'll ban him in a second for being racist, or stop your whining and stfu.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Tone Deft wrote:omfg an elitist house painter. lmfao!

between being an asshole like you or picking the brain of someone with a really out there opinion, I'll take the opportunity to learn.

you wanna play the race card? PM the moderators, they'll ban him in a second for being racist, or stop your whining and stfu.
Holy shit Tones..
What exactly do you think you might learn from Breqs?
I think Machinesworking has made a good point.. so what if he's a fuckin house painter,, what the hell does that mean?
That he is a house painter because he isn't clever enough to be some thing else..
and so then he has no right to assert a similar kind of generalization on people of other professions...
It seems to me Breqs already had some kind of agenda and then went out to find some kind of intellectual validation for it.. There is no doubt he is a very good writer and also probably has above average smarts.. However, that doesn't mean any thing he says is valid beyond his over generalized and chauvinistic opinion on Muslims and Islam in general..
Its my opinion he is full of shit..
I for one found the picture he posted in the show your set up thread quite disturbing.. to me it hinted at some very odd thinking going on on his part..
I wondered if the irony wasn't lost on most of the people that responded to that picture...
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:57 pm

heavy thing to post, missed my point. it's not to say that he's a painter, it's to say that I'm not a painter, I sit in an office, therefore I'm a lesser person, I can't see a "huge disconnect between manners and action." fuck that, he's no better, I'm no better, any talk like that is bullshit. it was a shocking thing for me to post but words were chosen carefully.

wtf does this mean: "it's a class/work ethics/ manerisms thing"?? what an asshole.

if there's nothing to learn from Breqs then don't read the thread.

what's to learn? to hear an opinion from someone who's the polar opposite from me. I work with some Republicans who are completely opposite from me, it's fascinating to hear their views in a thought out manner. much more interesting than agreeing with someone for hours on end. I'm not right about everything, I have thought out my views, at the same time I know there are very smart people with polar opposite views who have thought out their views. where's the truth? probably somewhere in between.

if it was a dinner conversation, there are things people can say that would make me get up and walk away, on the internet, I ignore or engage.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz