Ever get tired of your forum nick?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:37 pm

Winston wrote:
Machinate wrote:... All the time. Total legacy from the delphi-forums in 2001 or whatever that was.
Most annoying thing is that NOONE, not even english speakers, usually have a clue what my nick is all about... everyone thinks it has something to do with machines

:roll: :evil:
I like that name. Goes great with the covert operators theme as well.
+1 good nick.

how much chaos could we cause if everyone changed their nick for a day?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
knotkranky wrote:I didn't have my nick before I registered, I thought of it on the spot. I think it kinda sounds dicky now. My first posts was me flaming the piss out of Abes and a bunch of you cats whom are now my forum pals took the piss out of me at the time. Good fun. But between that, my forum name and my dry ass writing, I think I come off as a bit of a twat. Maybe I should change my name to "ice Cream" Sounds very positive.
think I remember that and thinking this guy is definitely Kranky.

machinate - To devise (a plot), To engage in plotting.
:oops: my vocabulary just went up by one word.

:lol: Yeah, I was being a real beeotch. Knot, Kranky, KKK, Abes provocateur. Though I;ve heard K is the funniest letter.

Hmm, how bout "kittens & rainbows" 8)

Winston

Post by Winston » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Winston wrote:
Machinate wrote:... All the time. Total legacy from the delphi-forums in 2001 or whatever that was.
Most annoying thing is that NOONE, not even english speakers, usually have a clue what my nick is all about... everyone thinks it has something to do with machines

:roll: :evil:
I like that name. Goes great with the covert operators theme as well.
+1 good nick.

how much chaos could we cause if everyone changed their nick for a day?
All post counts reset to 0. How very fight club.. :wink:
You're not your job! You're not your post count! Lets blow it all up! :lol:

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:02 am

Naaah, mine is way cool. Especially when I make some annoying post. And yes, I do agree that anyone with over 1,000 posts def. needs to get a life! :roll:
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:05 am

simpleton wrote:Naaah, mine is way cool. Especially when I make some annoying post. And yes, I do agree that anyone with over 1,000 posts def. needs to get a life! :roll:
what a twat.

what about that guy smartabletonuser - love it when he asks questions, "but you're a smart user!!" anyway, I don't care as long as people are cool.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 am

Tone Deft wrote:
simpleton wrote:Naaah, mine is way cool. Especially when I make some annoying post. And yes, I do agree that anyone with over 1,000 posts def. needs to get a life! :roll:
what a twat.

Right, It's the size that "counts" and not how you use it.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:24 am

knotkranky wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
what a twat.
Right, It's the size that "counts" and not how you use it.
I hate the post count, it puts too much weight to one's posts. every once in a while some n00b rants on me for obviously working for Ableton because of my post count and admonishes me for my behavior. :lol: I'll take the money, sure.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:29 am

Of course, you also aren't gonna bust yourself down to private again either. You've earned them stripes. Though you did dump DKF. So what's the combined count. If I may ask :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:31 am

^it's frighteningly high. how many times have I just posted back and forth with just YOU like this, let alone a dozen other goons around here? more times than simpleton has posts. even then forge beats me.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:38 am

Well shit, what does an under 1,000 poster know anyway.

Jack fuckin squat :lol:

dcease

Post by dcease » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:41 am

knotkranky wrote:Well shit, what does an under 1,000 poster know anyway.

really nice guy, like rory lake

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42 am

:lol: that's generally true. some of them know some good shit about music or computers or production. one thing's for sure, I've tested my shit while helping people many times, you guys have taught me a LOT and there's a lot more to learn, SO much more.

A guy who came to the Ableton forum for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a thousand posts, he was carved out of wood.
-some movie
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

dcease

Post by dcease » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:45 am

well, i'll just use emoticons to jack up my count. for every 2 posts i write, i erase 1. maybe one day, i too can have rock chisled post counts! :lol:

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:47 am

Tone Deft wrote:

:lol: that's generally true. some of them know some good shit about music or computers or production. one thing's for sure, I've tested my shit while helping people many times, you guys have taught me a LOT and there's a lot more to learn, SO much more.

A guy who came to the Ableton forum for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a thousand posts, he was carved out of wood.
-some movie

Wasn't that sergeant Hulka?

Shit dcease, the way your movin you'll be there in 2 seconds :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:47 am

dcease wrote:well, i'll just use emoticons to jack up my count. for every 2 posts i write, i erase 1. maybe one day, i too can have rock chisled post counts! :lol:
a good sense of humor goes a LOOOOOONG way. ;) I just took a pen and added a 1 in front of your post count on my screen.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz