OT, attention god-fearing anti americans......

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:57 pm

stinky wrote: i hate empirical policies
I think you mean "Imperial". Empirical refers to knowledge gained by experience. Sorry to be the pedant.

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:01 pm

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=america

whichever way the wind blows, adonis...
The one thing America hasn't done is kill a bunch of Jews for the sake of killing them

Or drag a bunch of African's from their home land and force them into slavery
It's already been proven that american multinationals and several prominent americans were, in fact, complicent in furthering along the final solution, before and during the entry into the war. I'm not exactly certain what they hell you were talking about with your second line there, if it sounds like how it read, than you should be ashamed of yourself (but we all know that's not going to happen cause you're too proud of yourself).

Rockellers

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/new ... ocide.html

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/genocide ... pr03.shtml

Grandpa Bush

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,1 ... 40,00.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pr ... gle+Search

http://www.unknownnews.net/bush1941.html

IBM

http://www.ibmandtheholocaust.com/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/03/ ... 4730.shtml

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... t/IBM.html

http://cgi.stanford.edu/group/wais/cgi- ... php?p=2257

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:03 pm

Now, what are you talking about - I'm still moving, just not to Germany
Ableton | Elektron

Music

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:05 pm

I think you mean "Imperial". Empirical refers to knowledge gained by experience. Sorry to be the pedant.
Whoops, typing fast lets slip.. Not at all, thank you.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:06 pm

Stinky..... Jesus fucking Christ man, I did not make a personal attack.
I poked a little fun because you are getting awfully preachy.... even though you claim not to be. I included the wink with my post.... indicating jest. Take it easy.

Now, on a serious note.... I do take issue with something you just said.
the thing i find most troubling is, i keep bringing more and more references to the table and validating my points with documented facts and you all seem to get frustrated at some point because your only debating with propaganda, insinuation and the like, and eventually you fold and start attacking my sanity, capabilites, intelligence, yadda yadda.

I think that you take your opinion as pure fact, and you think that people who disagree are ignorant, misinformed, or just blind/brainwashed.

Do you think it might be possible that not everything is exactly as you see it? Maybe things are not so simple as, "It's America's Fault". You seem to hold as fact that America is to blame for all the world's problems.... Well, this is not fact. This is your opinion. Of course, it is an opinion you are not alone in holding.. but it is still an opinion. And all the little tidbits you can Google aren't going to change that opinion to fact.

People here have tried making points in this debate, and you simply return to the same one.... It's America's fault.
That's ours as well, because the US keeps promoting these governments, even as we speak.
Don't you see?

The world is not perfect. America is not perfect. But I feel it is not as simple as you make it. Just fix America and everything will be fine. Don't the governments of other countries have at least some responsibility for their own situations?

Yes, some American corporations have taken advantage of labor from other countries. But they did not do this without some measure of complicity from those governments. And the poor economic conditions were pre-existing.

Does the North Korean government have any responsibility for their country's situation? Millions of people starving, held down by a dictatorship which suppresses all contact from the outside world. Just look at this: http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world ... rk-old.jpg

You obviously have strong opinions, and I do not assume you came to them without research. But I don't think things are a simple as you seem to portray. That you are right.... and you are the only one with facts on your side.... and now you are troubled because everyone here is blind and only you can see the light.

There are many educated people in this world who would disagree with many of your assertions, and not all of them have been brainwashed. Just remember that. :)
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:08 pm

And I'm not leaving until I have a degree so I don't have to do back breaking slave labor for the man - and I make music but that's a er uh hobby
Ableton | Elektron

Music

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:12 pm

And I'm not leaving until I have a degree so I don't have to do back breaking slave labor for the man - and I make music but that's a er uh hobby

And you are wise to do so, Young Jedi. :wink:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:18 pm

Look, bottom line, i don't "know" i'm right. I 'think' i'm pretty practical in my assertions, based on 'my' understanding of history. Alot of this shit is documented, go the fucking library (and hope the NSA isn't watching you there to make sure you're not a subversive). I come from a family of teachers and engineers. I do my homework when i speak, and i understand the ramifications of actions, and reactions. America is not the most tolerant country in the world. I'm sick of stupid flag waving and unbridled patriotism that's as fundamentalist as any muslim 'terrorist'. America breeds hate just as much as any other country. America's social policies suck, compared to alot of other countries. Britain 'used' to have better social healthcare network, until the US exported their brilliant ideas on healthcare over... (granted, it's not as bad, but getting worse), thanks to Blair. There are alot of worse places to live, and other countries have problems just like US, if not worse than the US. It would just be nice for American's to see that their country can do alot better if they would just pay attention to what their government is doing. That's all. I'm not fucking hating, just not enjoying the sheeple mentality of "America, Fuck Yeah"

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:24 pm

You obviously have strong opinions, and I do not assume you came to them without research. But I don't think things are a simple as you seem to portray. That you are right.... and you are the only one with facts on your side.... and now you are troubled because everyone here is blind and only you can see the light.
I don't portray that at all.. just debate the content of my statements, and my references. I'm not speaking to prove myself as intelligent or make anyone look stupid (anybody can read, and people don't need help in making themselves look intelligent or stupid)... just debate if you're going to want to make your assertions valid.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:26 pm

Well there you have it, Stinky's family comes from a family of Engineers and Teachers...if only they knew you're name was "Stinky" in a mostly male chat room on the internet

shame on you
Ableton | Elektron

Music

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:29 pm

OK... I'm really not trying to pick a fight, man...

America is not the most tolerant country in the world.
This is an opinion.

America breeds hate just as much as any other country.
This is an opinion.

America's social policies suck, compared to alot of other countries.
This is an opinion.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:31 pm

Thought I wouldn't? HA! - read very carefully

[South Park Elementary, school library. Wendy has assembled her
team and leads them through preliminary items. In her team are
Bebe, Clyde, Butters, Token, Kevin, and three others. Cartman
is not there yet.]

WENDY
Okay. Now, in order for us the debate
to change the South Park flag, we will
need to do a lot of research. Now, my
plan is to divide up into three research
teams. We will present our arguments
based on things that w-

CARTMAN
It's okay, I'm here.

WENDY
Nice of you to show up! We were just
discussing how we should state our case.

CARTMAN
Yes. This is a difficult case. In order
to win the debate, we will need to attack
Stan and Kyle's credibility.

WENDY
What??

CARTMAN
That's how you win these things: attack
your opponents' credibility! Butters!
Take some kids and go dig up whatever
dirt you can on Kyle's past. I'm talkin'
booby magazines, whatever.

BUTTERS
Wwuhuh-o-kay!

CARTMAN
The rest of you, go get the goods on
Stan! His mom grounded him once for
setting something on fire. Let's find
out what that something was, and then
lie and say it was a puppy.

CLYDE
Right.

CARTMAN
Mmmm.

WENDY
Cartman, we can't just attack Stan
and Kyle's credibility. We need to present
our side of the debate.

CARTMAN
You're right. We'll need to look like
we prepared a case, too, so that they
look all the weaker. Good plan. Sooo,
what's the issue again?

WENDY
The South Park flag!

CARTMAN
Interesting. Aaand, what side are we
on?

WENDY
D'aaaaahhh!

CARTMAN
Whoa! Calm down, ho.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:33 pm

and, the opposite may be your opinion. Nowhere did i state those as fact. I've just chosen to discredited alot of the 'opinions' that you all have and choose to regard as fact.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Let's find
out what that something was, and then
lie and say it was a puppy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the ar

Post by the ar » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:09 pm

Americans rock, it's just their government that sucks ass.
Just like in every other part of the World, except from Denmark, Sweden and Norway. ;)