ableton creating a saturated market for producers?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spiral

Post by spiral » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:25 pm

its down to creativity..
you make do with what you've got..
talented creative musicians can make banging a tin can sound good..

mechmusic

Post by mechmusic » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Yea, like everyone can whistle a tune. The tune whistling world is about as saturated as it could get. But it's only when I hear someone like Bobby McFerrin whisle that I still say that's some great music!
Live Lite 6.0.1 + Axiom 49
Music at http://www.dancetech.com/~kraemer

mission

Post by mission » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:12 pm

Well the problem is with people telling other people they are a "producer" when they arent. They jam around in their bedroom and work at Subway. You are a Sandwich Artist, not a producer.

To answer the original question: NO!

There have always been garage bands or guys recording their acoustic jams on a 4 track, there have always been shitty singers... there has ALWAYS been low quality music.

And lemme tell ya, Ableton is way too late in the game to take any credit for getting more people into production (has it, im sure, but it didnt start any swing). Give that title to Fruity Loops and Reason.

For every person that produces something that no one will ever hear, there is a 15 year old kid fucking around on an Oxygen 8 who will end up making music that you buy. I wouldnt be producing if it wasnt for these entry level programs (lets not argue their strength now) and wouldnt have traveled to multiple countries and had the time of my life showing off my productions along the way.

The creme always rises to the top and if you're worried about how saying "i produce" isnt as cool as it used to be then you're the fucktard that's producing music for the wrong reason anyway. Second side of that... come live in Atlanta. EVERYONE is a "producer". There isnt a "worse" place for that.
if creativity is outlawed, only outlaws will be creative

Mission / DEFIANT / L5P / R-TOWN

yleh8k

Post by yleh8k » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:41 am

no way.

ableton is just as complicated as any previous production technique, especially since standards are much higher in most fields now.

besides that, most laypeople still lack the interest, motivation, patience, and creavitity to both utilize a DAW like Ableton and produce unique audio.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
It's leisure to start songs; it's labour to finish them.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:50 am

Well, related to electronic music production, i think the reason its simple, now technology for create new tune (good or bad tune) its glovalized with internet and with computers.
The coomplete world its globalized due internet.

Aditional to that from 2000 to today i see very special FIVER, "the DJ, fiver"!!!

Eeverybody wants to be a DJ, and now everybody wants to be a "dj producer"

Here my DOG wants to be a djs, my mother wants to be a djs !! lol

Now the fiver move to producers, and its not really bad, lot of new god djs and producers born : ) but the major trouble are all that guys using the actual technology for make really bad productions.........

Some guys days ago sendme work, he say, this is our production, please listen an play in you radio station show.....

Wow after listen that CD, i think if somebody play that in some place, people start think electronc music its a shi*.......
I think i can save the CD.......if some day SPACE INVADERS arrival, i think i can kill any space invader wit that pseudo production........

Die!! die !! SPACE INVADERS jajjaja