Finally a nice footswitch

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dum

Re: Finally a nice footswitch

Post by dum » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm

All the continuous control shenanigans are bound to be for barefoot usage only ?
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

dave999z

Post by dave999z » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 pm

I would like to use the number pads to change programs on my guitar rack, but also as expression controllers. I don't know how that would be possible. For example, if I hit the "4" pad then I'd want it to switch to program 4 in that bank. How could I then also make use of pad 4's expression capabilities?

StewD

Post by StewD » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:17 am

Hey Dave/sinceare ... how about an in depth review.

Would love to hear how you're gettin' on with this baby?!

dburns

Post by dburns » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:00 pm

StewD,

Between the holiday rush and upgrading my system, I haven't had a chance to play with SoftStep in depth. As soon as we get by New Year, I'll have some time and will post my thoughts.

They've added some videos to their YouTube page, but this thing has many more possibilities than have been seen so far. They are a little Apple-centric, but they have been very responsive and helpful to my questions on a PC laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98saKsqE ... er&list=UL
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

More equipment than skill.

StewD

Post by StewD » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Dave,

Yeah I can appreciate the madness at this time of the year. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get around to it.

Funny ... I'm a little Apple-centric myself :wink:

jsterne

Post by jsterne » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 pm

dburns wrote:StewD,

Between the holiday rush and upgrading my system, I haven't had a chance to play with SoftStep in depth. As soon as we get by New Year, I'll have some time and will post my thoughts.

They've added some videos to their YouTube page, but this thing has many more possibilities than have been seen so far. They are a little Apple-centric, but they have been very responsive and helpful to my questions on a PC laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98saKsqE ... er&list=UL
Dave,

Since you now have it, I'd be really grateful if you'd say something about foot size and the pedal -- my feet are about as big as yours so I'm wondering how easy it is to use. Also whether there's enough tactile feedback for live playing with shoes on.

Thanks.