err.. how do i get m4l to show up/work?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Majnun

Initial Setup Questions

Post by Majnun » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:57 pm

PC laptop, Windows Vista

I already own an installed registered copy of Live 8.0.4 with the complete library. I previously installed Max 5.0.7 trial version.

I downloaded and installed the betas for Live and Max for Live. (Installed M4L first, rebooted, then installed Live 8 beta)

I registered the Live beta successfully on line, but when I open the program again, it tells me expires on September 30th.

I see absolutely NO instruments or effects in the library. Even the Max intrument is empty. How I open Max for Live?

If I open Max for Live beta outside of Live, I get the "you have two days to register" I guess because my normal Max trial is about to expire?

Sorry if these are dumb questions:
1) Does Live beta expire on the 30th even when successfully registered?
2) How do I register Max for Live?
3) Are there ANY instruments or effects in the Live Beta? And can I copy anything out of my normal Live 8 library to use in the beta?
4) How do I create a Max objects in live? (In the Max instrument, and Max effect browser folder in Live I see nothing I can drag into the session)

Live beta can't find the help file, M4L has the stand Max 5 help which doesn't have seem to have any info regarding M4L, and I couldn't find these answers on the forums.

Anyone help a noob

[Edit] I think I figure it out... never mind. [/Edit]

LeRaided

Re: err.. how do i get m4l to show up/work?

Post by LeRaided » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:43 pm

I am also having the same issue. I am unable to see max for live after I did the install and authorize. When I authorize it doesn’t authorize max for live. I am using version 8.5. It appears when I did the max install link I was directed to it only installed Max 5 and only two links came from that on desktop. max runtime and max 5.0. Anyone have a fix to this?

hoffman2k

Re: err.. how do i get m4l to show up/work?

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:14 pm

LeRaided wrote:I am also having the same issue. I am unable to see max for live after I did the install and authorize. When I authorize it doesn’t authorize max for live. I am using version 8.5. It appears when I did the max install link I was directed to it only installed Max 5 and only two links came from that on desktop. max runtime and max 5.0. Anyone have a fix to this?
You'll have to be more specific with those version numbers. Did you install Live 8.1b3 and Max 39951?