Irish Abletoners

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:49 pm

I'm teaching Live as part of a FETAC sound engineering course in Waterford now. Hard work, enjoyable thou.

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:56 pm

mise!
..Dublin born. Living in Galway
Abeltoner since v4

Geebag

Post by Geebag » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:31 pm

stjohn wrote:Dublin knacker possie pump it up
Is a possie a posh pussy? just wondering?

reganovich

Post by reganovich » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:21 pm

rozling wrote:Welcome to the forum reganovich! What kind of stuff do you do?

I was hoping to have a crack at organising an Irish (well, Dublin at least) Live Users meetup this year, but things have been crazy for me. That said though, I was at some of the DEAF talks last weekend and it's definitely nice to meet up and talk geek. I'd be interested in finding out if anyone thinks there's any use in some sort of users group, or something else - laptop battle/jam maybe.

I regularly read about events all around the world like Warper parties etc, & find it hard to believe there wouldn't be enough over here to pull something like that off...

So for a show of hands, how many more of us are there? Off the top of my head I can think of maybe five frequent posters here, but I'm sure there are many more of you lurking in the shadows.
nathannn wrote:give me back me lucky charms..
"Thanks for the input" is a nice restrained version of what I'd like to say to you. :roll:
Cheers man...very much into my meat and potatoes guitar music. Its a challenge to get anything sounding right in live tho..so at the moment i'd love to learn as much as i can...

Looked up some of the Live DJ stuff people can do with it too and thats amazing , would love to get into a bit of that but anything I could learn would be great...

Playin tunes in the shaw whilst gettin hammered sounds like fun.
Line 6 toneport KB37 + Acer 2GHZ amd sempron laptop - any tips to get the best out of this "modest" set up would be greatly appreciated!

mohler

Post by mohler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:34 pm

I'd love to ableton with you so any time you're in London, look me up!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,