The *cost* of the EIC...?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
headquest

Post by headquest » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:41 am

In fact, another quick question that has a bearing on my decision about which add-ons I might need/want:
drc24 wrote: In the future, SONiVOX will also be providing a series of paid, downloadable sound libraries for Simpler and Sampler. Prices on these new libraries is still in the works.

The EIC was not specifically made for Sampler. Sampler can edit it, but the EIC is play-able out of the box via Simpler. Our goal was to put a full sound library in the Live 6 box, not a teaser to buy Sampler.
Will this be true of future SONiVOX downloadable sound libraries as well?

i.e. will it be possible to play (but not edit) ALL the SONiVOX libraries as multisample collections using sImpler (as Robert Henke explained on another thread) or will the future sound libraries require sAmpler?

Thanks again in advance!
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:00 am

I think i can answer that one....

Sampler is really more a sound design tool then your traditional sampler plugin.
An instrument rack with stacked Simpler's comes closer to what an actual multi-sampler does.

On the other hand.. you could stack Samplers... ;)

jbuonacc

Post by jbuonacc » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:09 am

(i didn't see the Live 5 manual in the Shop)

so what are the chances of buying just the install disc and manual for Live 6 from Ableton, but without the EIC and the actual box?

:)
Nord G2, E-mu e4X
Live, Reaktor, etc.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:15 am

jbuonacc wrote:(i didn't see the Live 5 manual in the Shop)

so what are the chances of buying just the install disc and manual for Live 6 from Ableton, but without the EIC and the actual box?

:)
You don't need the install disc. you just pay for the download upgrade (99€) and you receive a manual as pdf.

jbuonacc

Post by jbuonacc » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:45 am

that's exactly what i don't want. :D

i'd like a nice screen-printed install disc and the gorgeous Live manual, thanks. the demo disc to give to a friend (did they do this for 5?) and the stickers would be nice as well. not sure that i want/need the EIC, and i could probably do without the circus-y looking box.

also, i'd be upgrading from Live 4. any idea what the cost would be for that?
Nord G2, E-mu e4X
Live, Reaktor, etc.

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:19 pm

I also just want the boxed upgrade without the EIC. I want a manual I can take to work and all the stickers too. I don't want to be forced into buying a product that I have no interest in.
I don't do classical music. At least offer an alternate package as a free upgrade like a big D&B package, Hip Hop/R&B package....Rock, Reggae, Trip Hop, Etc
"I spent my life, laughing, wondering if crazy people even realized that they're crazy.......then one day, I realized..." - Flippa

dCross

Post by dCross » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:55 am

A few updates to your questions:

1. Sampler will come with a collection of sounds and presets designed specifically for it. This is in no way a multi-gig sample collection, more of a library of tools specific to Sampler.

2. All future SONiVOX multi-sample libraries will PLAYABLE in Simpler, and EDITABLE in Sampler.

3. I'll get an answer to you all soon re: buying a manual alone. Buying a box + manual without the EIC is probably not going to be an option (sorry), but I hope we can let you buy a manual.

4. If you want to give a demo to a friend, the first place would be http://www.ableton.com/demo

If for some reason they don't have an internet connection, email me at cross@ableton.com, and I'll get a CD sent out.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:24 am

drc24 wrote:A few updates to your questions:

1. Sampler will come with a collection of sounds and presets designed specifically for it. This is in no way a multi-gig sample collection, more of a library of tools specific to Sampler.
cool.
3. I'll get an answer to you all soon re: buying a manual alone. Buying a box + manual without the EIC is probably not going to be an option (sorry), but I hope we can let you buy a manual.
hmm. I hope so too. printed manuals are nice to have.
Professional Shark Jumper.