Rendering to disk DEGRADES SOUND QUALITY!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
atomic

Post by atomic » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:37 am

supster wrote:
minimal wrote:... does someone has ever posted two audio examples to make this thing clear?

no, the thread needs to go on at least 4 more pages without a single example.

then when its finaly posted:

1) there will be no audio quality difference whatsoever

2) it will be completely ignored or argued with for at least another 7 pages

3) the thread will eventually be two guys talking yak hunting in peru back and forther for another two pages

4) the thread will die

5) 2 weeks later another newbie will post the same exact thread.

6) repeat

Ya I would like to see someone prove me wrong using the phase test that i posted. I dont think it will hapen though. Thank goodness i got one of the good copies of Live with the better rendering system under the hood.
ABIT NF7+AMDXP@2500, RME Multiface, TC Powercore Element+Virus, UAD-1, Nord Lead2, Reason2.5, impOSCar, Microtonic, Reaktor5 and some other stuff...

supster

Post by supster » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:49 am

ashley_k wrote:So when exactly does the yak hunting season start...
no, too early for yaks, this needs to go back and forth with no resolution for at least 3 more pages for rapping about yaks

or somebody uses search to find the other 7 threads just like this one that ended up exactly the same way

no difference.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

supster

Post by supster » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:52 am

minimal wrote: Thank goodness i got one of the good copies of Live with the better rendering system under the hood.

did you get the uninstalled version?

cause im pretty sure i got the uninstalled version during the beta. the only one that optimizes right if you uninstall it before you install?

then and only then will you be sure the render is rendering accurately.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

atomic

Post by atomic » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:44 am

supster wrote:
minimal wrote: Thank goodness i got one of the good copies of Live with the better rendering system under the hood.

cause im pretty sure i got the uninstalled version during the beta. the only one that optimizes right if you uninstall it before you install?

? I was joking
ABIT NF7+AMDXP@2500, RME Multiface, TC Powercore Element+Virus, UAD-1, Nord Lead2, Reason2.5, impOSCar, Microtonic, Reaktor5 and some other stuff...

supster

Post by supster » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:11 pm

atomic wrote:
supster wrote:

? I was joking

hehe ... me too ...

dunno if you were around here for that whole thing about the "uinstalled version"

pretty funny. ok you had to be there i guess ...
--

atomic

Post by atomic » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:16 pm

I think I did see some of that actualy :)

Blomblom

Post by Blomblom » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:11 pm

[quote="DJRetard"]

I dont know, but there must be something in it because Logic pro tools cubase nuendo SAw all have real time rendering options. Then again I could never do a real time render in live due to the cpu being maxed out constantly.

PROTOOLS OLD. PROTOOLS TDM CAN NOT DO FASTER. PROTOOLS SLOW. PROTOOLS OLD.

VST EVIL. VST NO GUARRRRANTY SOUNDING SAME WHEN DOING NON REALTIME
BLAME STEIN NOT ALBAN BERG.

LOGIC VST SAME STORY. envir on moment

LIVE REALTIME RENDER IS RERECORDING
DO IT BE HAPPY

you are my chartbreaker

atomic

Post by atomic » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:15 pm

:lol: LOLOL......

8O

DaM

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:35 pm

I found a strange problem I'm trying to sort out. I know it's cheese... and you baseball cap guys would probably rather cut off your nuts... but try warping Livin' La Vida Loca.

I'm using 178bpm and complex mode.

When I launch it warped, there is tons of distortion, but only for a few seconds. Then it settles down. If I relaunch while it's playing, when it restarts, there is no distortion at the second launch. Then if I launch a different clip and come back to Livin' La Vida Loca, the distortion is back.

It's only a few selected tracks that do this. Live 5.0.1, G5 2GHz x 2, 2.5GB RAM, Ozonic, M-Audio BX-8s. It does the same with 5.0.7b2.

Go figure...

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:49 pm

F8kin excellent... sorted!

It was the fade button. Nothing to do with rendering. Somehow enabling it creates distortion on tracks that come in at a high volume. You wouldn't notice it on tracks that fade in. I'll just do my own mini-fade in Peak instead.

Disabling the fade button sorts it! :D

aike

Post by aike » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:07 pm

I hate the output from live, so much so I'm going back to fl5

atomic

Post by atomic » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:41 am

ok

aike

Post by aike » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:48 pm

i have posted two tracks see if you can tell the difference

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27483

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:40 pm

hambone1 wrote:F8kin excellent... sorted!

It was the fade button. Nothing to do with rendering. Somehow enabling it creates distortion on tracks that come in at a high volume. You wouldn't notice it on tracks that fade in. I'll just do my own mini-fade in Peak instead.

Disabling the fade button sorts it! :D
Can you send us an example !?
It should not do this, you know....

Robert
Ableton