The end of music production as we know it ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

Re: The end of music production as we know it ?

Post by starving student » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:30 pm

at the closing of the last era beat repeat will have been seen as the self fulfilling prophecy that destroyed mankind. No man won't die he'll just be stuck in a never ending loop buffer, glitching hellishly
for all eternity.

evaodland

Re: The end of music production as we know it ?

Post by evaodland » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Interesting thread...

I recently entered into the electronic music arena.

Having come from Punk, post-punk pop, grunge, then bluegrass and then to rock and jam band.

The constants across all that was people making music together, and playing pretty much unaffected by computer technology. then somewhere around 1999 I started using n-track studio, then a MOTU828 and AudioDesk, then Ozone, AutoTune...I worked on lots of various recording projects, mostly low key stuff, jazz, bluegrass, folk, educational...all the while playing in various groups.

The other constant thread was a lack of any success for the countless hours of writing music, practice, recording and performing.

I learned a lot about constructing songs and always had knack for getting people to play good music together.

So now I sit in my room with my gear. I make dance tracks and chillout electronica stuff...

Is it easy...? Automagic music production? No it is not. It still requires dedication, practice and trial and error... I don't see the creative process change much...the technology to do the production is constantly changing...but getting from idea to complete piece it is still pretty much the same as it always was...work.

Where are we going:

All kinds of music created by all kinds of people in many different ways, entertaining each other and having a good time.

It's all good.