FIFA World Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
derzai

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 pm

yesterday malasyan airflight crashed above east ukrain.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/17/world ... index.html

Nationalities aboard MH17
154 Dutch
43 Malaysian (including 15 crew)
27 Australian
12 Indonesian
9 British
4 German
4 Belgian
3 Filipino
1 Canadian
41 Unverified

189 dutch died.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm

shadx312 wrote:
If you think that this will not be a very common way in the future of how everyone will get manipulated into following a behavioral pattern that is desired, not just by the military, but by everyone with an agenda, you are indeed sitting on a cloud popping some very good happy pills.
I guess you missed that that isn't anything new and it's just updating it's attire.
You guessed wrong. Don't think that everyone whose worldview you don't like is stupid.

The difference may be one of extend and not principle, agreed, but with every iteration it gets harder to identify and more subtle in its effects.

This technology will allow you to see only the things you want to see, which is already dangerous enough, because it facilitates radicalization, but it also allows other people to determine what you see, without you even being able to be aware of the manipulation.

How the proposed function will be, is to get into the middle of a communications network on social media of enemies. The followers will start to see different messages from the leaders in the group, than the ones that he had send.
The research allows via mathematical models to send the right kind (in degrees) of disinformation to the right followers of that group. It's easy enough to see that this is a very powerful approach to disrupt that network.

Since this is a math based model, it lends itself to be automated and would only need to be trained by a few.

So where the doom saying comes in, is that I find it very hard to believe that this will stay limited to these purposes, the military or even governments.
Soon after everyone with an agenda will have these tools, it's just too useful not to.

Also your argument of this just being a new attire falls flat, because already in the current attire of targeted media and advertisments it's fucking things up big time.
The political system in your country should be warning enough of this!

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Okay well when the military comes up with something that literally changes the words that come out of people's mouths when they're speaking to each other face to face then maybe my ears may perk up.

Otherwise all I'm getting out of it is that you have tunnel vision.
ImageImage

derzai

Post by derzai » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:13 pm

TomViolenz wrote:(BTW: This is my thread, so I can be as serious as I wish to be. If you don't like to read my view of the world, there is an easy solution: don't enter my threads)
Correct. As we say in dutch: dont make a killing pit out of your heart. Just don't say things like: it were only 6000 instead of 6 million and i am fine with you.

rename it in "france 2016" and you have 2 years ahead.

I got myself a new camera (canon g16) nice thing, so i'm off biking again and taking pictures.

have a good time.

derzai

Post by derzai » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 pm

shadx312 wrote: tunnel vision.
life is a tunnel with black light at the end.

http://videosift.com/video/Bavaria-Life-is-Life

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Ok so back to your thread Tom, the military will put words in other peoples, mouths, do all kinds of manipulations, start wars, etc.

I know they will be successful in many of their efforts but I also think the fact that it's made aware, just as a number of other similarly ridiculous things make more people more skeptical about information.

IMO, social media doesn't have to be necessary, and it doesn't need to be used. The masses will continue to use them, and they'll continue to give away privacy for convenience, but maybe after awhile when things get more out of hand, they'll scale back some.

My simple idea is to not even bother with most of it and take everything with a grain of salt.

This guy has a another idea - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo8QZIifVL8

Other than that I'll try not to bring down your thread.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:09 pm

shadx312 wrote:Ok so back to your thread Tom, the military will put words in other peoples, mouths, do all kinds of manipulations, start wars, etc.

I know they will be successful in many of their efforts but I also think the fact that it's made aware, just as a number of other similarly ridiculous things make more people more skeptical about information.

IMO, social media doesn't have to be necessary, and it doesn't need to be used. The masses will continue to use them, and they'll continue to give away privacy for convenience, but maybe after awhile when things get more out of hand, they'll scale back some.

My simple idea is to not even bother with most of it and take everything with a grain of salt.

This guy has a another idea - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo8QZIifVL8

Other than that I'll try not to bring down your thread.
The urge to godwin this thread is getting almost unbearable ;-)

What do they say: The only thing necessary for evil to prevail, is for the good people to do nothing...

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:36 pm

You misunderstand, it's not that different from boycotting.
If you don't like a business, don't give them any.

A screaming idiot has no power if you don't listen to him.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:51 pm

shadx312 wrote:You misunderstand, it's not that different from boycotting.
If you don't like a business, don't give them any.

A screaming idiot has no power if you don't listen to him.
In the end this was not what it was about, we all do what we need to. And not much of it will matter, because this is unstoppable.

What it was about was my phrase: "It's only just beginning"

And I'm absolutely certain that it is.
The people will be manipulated at will by anyone who cares to and democracy will be a nice story to tell our children at bed time. They will take it as a fairy tale though, for it being just as unlikely as Cinderella.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:03 pm

TomViolenz wrote:The people will be manipulated at will by anyone who cares to and democracy will be a nice story to tell our children at bed time. They will take it as a fairy tale though, for it being just as unlikely as Cinderella.
So you're planning on reading bedtime stories to charred corpses?

You're naive if you think it isn't going to be a whole lot worse than even you are imagining.

I can't wait.

:x
Unsound Designer

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:32 pm

stringtapper wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:The people will be manipulated at will by anyone who cares to and democracy will be a nice story to tell our children at bed time. They will take it as a fairy tale though, for it being just as unlikely as Cinderella.

You're naive if you think it isn't going to be a whole lot worse than even you are imagining.

I can't wait.

Are you just piling on or actually stating the above?! It's hard to tell.

In case of the later: I doubt it, but would be interested to hear your scenarios of how we arrive at that point.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:43 pm

I am not a number! I am a free man!
ImageImage

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:44 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
stringtapper wrote:

I can't wait.

Are you just piling on or actually stating the above?! It's hard to tell.

In case of the later: I doubt it, but would be interested to hear your scenarios of how we arrive at that point.
I always mean what I say.

Who cares how we get there, as long as we get there?

Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm

I'm curious to know if there was any particular direction you would have wanted the conversation to go in after posting that article. That' is not to say you should have expected this type of response, but more if to revel in complaining about 1984 or not.
ImageImage