Free PadKontrol app by The Covert Operators

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nobbystylus

Post by nobbystylus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:04 am

mike.. i'd love to have a look once you're done..
http://www.myspace.com/wardclerk
http://www.myspace.com/bighairufreqs
LIVE 8.21/ Reaktor 5.51/VDMX/Quartz Composer

lis102trants

Post by lis102trants » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 am

Wow.. it took me 3+ hours to get this thing to work, but in doing so gaining a much better understanding of how everything works. Just wanted to say Great Job Co.oPs!

mosca

Post by mosca » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:55 am

looking forward to trying this bad boy out

hrmnk

Post by hrmnk » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:45 am

I tried this too. I really love the visual feedback on the padkontrol !
but i have one problem, as soon as i move the knobs (the ones that are free assigable) my ableton + pk squared crashes. Is anyone else having this problem? and maybe there's a solution?
thanks,

nobbystylus

Post by nobbystylus » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:27 am

here's hoping for user assignable CCs and Midi notes for the Scene, Message, Fixed Velocity, Enter Setting buttons etc etc...
http://www.myspace.com/wardclerk
http://www.myspace.com/bighairufreqs
LIVE 8.21/ Reaktor 5.51/VDMX/Quartz Composer

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:51 pm

+1 Mr Stylus!

Although the farmpad utility is now user configurable if you can't wait?

Cheers
D

abotha5

Carefull of doing business with the Covertoperators

Post by abotha5 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:26 am

I would be real carefull of doing business with these folks. I bought software from them 2 days ago and have still not heard a word as to my download destination. I went to their website and tried to send them an e-mail. It came back undelivered saying the adress no longer exists. See the e-mail below. It looks like I might have to report these folks. It's a pity they sounded like they knew what they were doing

<info@thecovertoperators.com>: host mx-cluster1.one.com[195.47.247.170] said:
550 <info@thecovertoperators.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown
in relay recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

hoffman2k

Re: Carefull of doing business with the Covertoperators

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:10 am

abotha5 wrote:I would be real carefull of doing business with these folks. I bought software from them 2 days ago and have still not heard a word as to my download destination. I went to their website and tried to send them an e-mail. It came back undelivered saying the adress no longer exists. See the e-mail below. It looks like I might have to report these folks. It's a pity they sounded like they knew what they were doing

<info@thecovertoperators.com>: host mx-cluster1.one.com[195.47.247.170] said:
550 <info@thecovertoperators.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown
in relay recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)
Hi, We've been waiting for a response by you.
When I tried to send you your product link, the email bounced. So we've been unable to contact you.

The problem with info@thecov...com bouncing is known. We did a domain transfer and somehow the .com mail addresses are messed up.

Please PM me with an alternative email address or drop an email at b@thecovertoperators.org. Because the one you purchased the product with doesn't work for us.

Kind Regards

- Bjorn

Jaju

Post by Jaju » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:59 pm

so is it only track notes you can get to play back on the PK or can you also play back remote messages i.e. see which clips are launched?

I've assigned the 16 pads to track launch buttons on 16 tracks and activated both 'track' and 'remote' for 'output: to PK[squared] 2' when I launch clips only pad 2 on the PK lights up, and it stays lit even when I stop all clips – bug?

Another thing: I discovered that both track and remote input from the PK in native mode via pk[squared] comes from 'input: padKONTROL (PORT B)' and not 'input: from PK[squared] 1. Thats not right – right?

Maybe it's just my system that's not right, but I believe that I set it up exactly as described in the readme.

madhattared

Post by madhattared » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:30 am

jbone1313 wrote:I'm posting once more in hopes that someone can help. I really want this to work.

I have everything setup just like the PK Squared manual says, and I still have no luck. I can't seem to even enter native mode.

I'll give up after this.

Thanks,

jbone1313
i am of the same status as jbone here. The pk isn't listening to the Enter Native Mode button in version 2.0. I've read the entire manual for the pk and pk squared.

Mackie control -> IAC Bus
CTRL - > CTRL
Notes to Host -> PK Sq 1
Notes from Host -> PK Sq 2
Notes from PK to Port A - > Port A

I click Enter native and nothing.
t
there is an error window i'm getting on startup for pksquared however. It states

error: Uzi: unable to load object bundle executable
2008-02-11 : PK[squared][164:20b] Cannot find executable for CFBundle 0x67a530 and then some strange path.

ideas?
Live 7 hackintosh 10.5.2 q6600 raptor 4gig x3d pk FW410 bcr2k xboard49 Ultrasone DJ1 BM5a

madhattared

Post by madhattared » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:34 am

Futhermore, I'm trying the PKsquared on my girlfriends macbook pro at the moment and i can connect to what I think is native mode. Except it seems to be only half native mode.

The display shows E without the top, C and a lowercase o. with periods all in between. the knob 1 and 2 as well as midi channel, rel val, velocity and port buttons are lit. None of the pads or the Scene to roll column buttons light up...

This is very odd.

This is one of the few references i can find to such an error.
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.p ... bd7625fd6c

i'm not sure what he means by editing the def file.
Live 7 hackintosh 10.5.2 q6600 raptor 4gig x3d pk FW410 bcr2k xboard49 Ultrasone DJ1 BM5a

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:37 am

madhattared wrote:Futhermore, I'm trying the PKsquared on my girlfriends macbook pro at the moment and i can connect to what I think is native mode. Except it seems to be only half native mode.

The display shows E without the top, C and a lowercase o. with periods all in between. the knob 1 and 2 as well as midi channel, rel val, velocity and port buttons are lit. None of the pads or the Scene to roll column buttons light up...

This is very odd.

This is one of the few references i can find to such an error.
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.p ... bd7625fd6c

i'm not sure what he means by editing the def file.
It actually says T.C.O. and that means you have successfully loaded the native mode.
The buttons that are lit up on the left side are correct too. Those are the navigation controls in mackie mode.

madhattared

Post by madhattared » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:07 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
madhattared wrote: It actually says T.C.O. and that means you have successfully loaded the native mode.
The buttons that are lit up on the left side are correct too. Those are the navigation controls in mackie mode.
Excellent, so now i know my pk is fine able to get there, just not on my desktop...

I installed Max and Jitter last night to see if it had to do with them and no luck. I'm still getting the above error. I'm pretty confident that has something to do with it. I don't get it on the mackbook.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 pm

You shouldn't get that error and I'm not sure why you're getting it.
Keep in mind that this application is still in the early stages.
We're currently not working on it because we have some other projects that require our attention. But we hope to get a newer version out that meets most of the requests we received before spring arrives.
All bug reports are useful though.

Cheers

- Bjorn

babkubwa

Post by babkubwa » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm thinking of selling my trigger finger and replacing with one of these pad kontrols -

does anyone know if the pedal input can take an expression pedal - rather than a foot switch

I'd like to be able to control the send pot of a drum rack channel for building up layers in augustus loop.

Just gone and ordered a FCB1010 of ebay - much heavier and messier than a padkontrol with expression would be!