Would you like better time stretching than Complex

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:19 am

Gee, and all this time I thought that complex was the best mode? :oops:
boss, boss, z-plane is landing!
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

glu

Post by glu » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:21 am

@ original Q.

Yes!
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 am

glu wrote:@ original Q.

Yes!
Cool, can you please "+1" on the link in the top posting? Thanks!
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:00 am

agree +1

jamief

Post by jamief » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:02 am

Me too :) :) :) :) :)

headquest

Post by headquest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:01 am

A production quality timestretch really is a MUST HAVE feature for Live at this point: Reaper, Fruityloops, Sonar etc all have better timestretching which seems really topsy-turvy considering that Live first gained attention on the strength of its audio warping capabilities 8O

+1
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

Dan Dare

Post by Dan Dare » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:01 am

i agree it's always nicer to have better time stretching, but in my experience Live doesn't do a bad job at all when compared to other programs I've used. Especially considering how quick it is.

I have A/B with Pro Tools Elastic and with Melodyne and with the source material I used there wasn't much in it.

That being said, I only did straight stretching of loops without applying any extra warping.

But yeah, lets have better please. :)

fingerprince

Post by fingerprince » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

Better is always better - no matter how you cut it )
+1 for me too

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Angstrom wrote:
dave999z wrote: How do you know that (1) Ableton uses this warping technology, and (2) only uses the "efficient" rather than the "pro" version.

(Funny - I had always assumed Ableton pioneered warping, rather than licensing it from someone else. Why don't other DAWs incorporate this? Does Ableton have an exclusive license?)

Ableton wrote the other methods, such as 'beats' (etc) I think it may have been Gerhard who originally developed them actually (?)
Back before he got his platinum helicopter.

The 'Complex' mode is the only one that is licensed technology, and there is nothing bad about that. It saves on Ableton's dev-time and lets them concentrate on other things.

:twisted:
yep, for example to develop overpriced new instruments and a content library as if live suddenly evolved into a rompler, and stray away from the real intention of why it was created in the first place: for live performance and composition, and join the trend of making the "perfect" DAW, like everybody else does, and also fails in doing.

way to go.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:10 pm

+1

delag

this is driving me nuts

Post by delag » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:06 am

hearing about a better warping feature... drives me nuts...

I had a look at reaper... seems complicated to just beatmap a whole song.
I tried 20-30 and thought grrrrrrrrrr! not working

fruity loop, looked at it 5 min and not sure... I don't get it

any of you made test warping/beatmapping a whole song and hear a noticeable difference with programs that uses that z plane elastic pro???

the z plane stand alone elastique pro opens only .wav or aiff

I'm so good at warping now, I don't wanna learn another program, but I want the best sound I can get, and if it mean warping in another program to used the warped material back in live or logic so be it, but I wanna be sure it's worth the learning curve for the difference in sound quality

I'd love to know if there's a big sound difference... I love warping stuff and off course, i'm after the best quality there is, especially, I want to warp/beat map and old track of mine, but it has to sound the best

edit:
Maybe I'm confusing their [aufTAKT] tempo and beat tracking application which they say is in live 5 and live 6, no mention of 7.. but it must be...
I'm just after the best warping beatmapping sounding tool application.
please don't tell me pro tools..or?