Reggae

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
evon

Post by evon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:29 pm

Very cool music, Evon and alin55!
It is inspiring to know that you apreciate my sounds. However, like most of us aspirants, I still feel as if I have just barely scratched the surface and have a lot of stuff I want to experiment with.

However, it is hard keeping up with the vast amount of music software & hardware, each day lots more to learn less time to play & expirement. And then it seems there is always something better just comming on the scene. Come to think of it though, I would not have it anyother way.
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi evon - we already met...................
Yes Alin55...nuff respect..I knew about versionist..just have been busy lately...just checked them out though and spent a little time there ..updated my profile and browsed around a bit...good stuff!
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:36 pm

BTW..........calling Meef Chaloin to the forum...are you there?
Big man at Versionist!!
fe real!

marty's

Post by marty's » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:30 pm

i try to use Ableton with the drum machine to make some digital dancehall, and some rub-a-dub, to start I try to re-make the riddims I can hear on old cassettes of Jack Ruby or Metromedia but I can just make a proper bass and drums...... for other sounds, I cannot find anything interesting, any tips??

blakbeltjonez

Post by blakbeltjonez » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:35 am

evon wrote:
If you read my blog you would notice that I grew up on the Hrad Core Jamaican music. Incidentally if you found the blogs interesting, then look out for part II, when at a tender age I started to "thief out" from home to attend the dances.

nice page, evon...... i grew up in Billy Dunn & Stony Hill in the very, very early 70's through mid/late 70's - my mom was a regular record buyer and used to loudly flog a lot of those records on our poor old stereo, which was uncharacteristic behaviour in those staid and stolid neighborhoods of St. Andrew's in those days (Billy Dunn was right near Barbican, though..... you could hear the sound systems on some nights).

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:57 am

evon wrote:BTW..........calling Meef Chaloin to the forum...are you there?
Big man at Versionist!!
8O
*wakes up* err hello

versionist died on it ass, get over to reggaedubwise