so I went to LCD Soundsystem the other night...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon May 14, 2007 8:45 pm

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:"Someone Great" is one of the most fuckin' rad tracks I've heard in a long time. Wish I'd have seen them here in the city. :cry:
You're in luck, Sparkie!

They're playing tonight at Webster Hall.
Ugh, but it's sold out and I'm not going to stand around and pay some scalper. The last show I saw of Hot Chip there sounded soooo bad, that venue wears me out. They must leave the EQ on the same setting they use for the ghetto dance party after their concerts. 140dB of bass. Too much fish for my taste.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon May 14, 2007 8:57 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
Sales Dude McBoob wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:"Someone Great" is one of the most fuckin' rad tracks I've heard in a long time. Wish I'd have seen them here in the city. :cry:
You're in luck, Sparkie!

They're playing tonight at Webster Hall.
Ugh, but it's sold out and I'm not going to stand around and pay some scalper. The last show I saw of Hot Chip there sounded soooo bad, that venue wears me out. They must leave the EQ on the same setting they use for the ghetto dance party after their concerts. 140dB of bass. Too much fish for my taste.
That's too bad. The sound at Studio B was pretty sweet the other night.

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Mon May 14, 2007 9:09 pm

saw 'em in Amsterdam a few weeks ago, great show

the opening rhythms reminded me of the talking heads

ryansupak

Post by ryansupak » Mon May 14, 2007 10:06 pm

OP:

I'm assuming you were kidding about the 'puter thing, but on a serious note: a key to getting that good, and doing something people really care about, is getting off the gear-buying train, getting off the message boards, and getting into your music.

rs