Sampletank 2 - still unstable in Live (6)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
dkcalifornia

Sampletank Finally Works in 6.0.7 (for me at least)!

Post by dkcalifornia » Wed May 16, 2007 11:14 am

Yes, matter of fact I do have good news still; and one tiny problem....

First Sampletank 2.2 is still working great with Live 6.0.7!

But, I also tried to reinstall FXPansion BFD (which I had previously uninstalled) and BFD bombs Live all of the time. This would crash all projects, those with Sampletank and those without. I removed BFD from my system and still have ST 2.2 and VStation 1.4 as my only 3rd party VSTIs and the system is extremely stable. (I also have several Voxengo VST effects and Sonic Maximizer VST effect).

It's all still good! I'm anxious to see Sampletank 2.5 this month and I'm crossing my fingers that release doesn't bring back some nasty demons!

shaneblyth

Post by shaneblyth » Wed May 16, 2007 9:21 pm

I have never had sampletank crash on me with live but I am on a Macbook Pro so I dont know but maybe it is a PC thing..
MacbookPro Core2Duo 17" 160 gb SATA 2gb ram.
Korg M3
1 Terabyte External Drive
Presonus Firebox
Live 6,

enzymex

Post by enzymex » Sun May 20, 2007 12:23 am

OK - I downloaded the 6.0.7 demo and tested one of my problem Sampletank songs. I must admit, reliability is better. Much better. In fact, if I always use the "stop clips" button to stop playback before exiting the program or stopping the transport, I don't get the "serioius error has occured" message.

However, I can still force that "serious error" message by launching a scene, then hitting the spacebar a few times. There seems to be something about stopping the clips without hitting the "stop clips" button first that causes an error in a Live set with Sampletank loaded.

Having said that, I'm still seriously considering the upgrade for the improved sampletank handling.

dkcalifornia

New version of sampletank also available

Post by dkcalifornia » Mon May 21, 2007 3:09 pm

It's worth mentioning that Sampletank has version 2.4 out there for download. This may help too (it's the version I'm running now).