[POLITICAL] - LEBANON

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:02 pm

M. Bréqs what's going on dood..... u'r a lil lost on this one.

-Ben

atom_b

Re: [POLITICAL] - LEBANON

Post by atom_b » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:04 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
atom_b i hear ya, but there is no lebanese army... seriously they dont have shit over there to fight with or anything, hence why people accept hezbollah.

the irony is that lebanon is 40% christian and rely on a muslim group to protect them... if your country had an army and did not want hezbollah, wouldnt you have done something about it by now?

minimal, the reason i posted this stuff was because it is NOT in the mainstream media. ... they show pictures of israelis bleeding but not the bodies that are drained of blood on the other side.
And that goes to show that hezbollah should not be there in the first place, and start a war which had been over for six years. Now the shit is on...
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:05 pm

M. Bréqs wrote:
Why can't you remain civil?
r
well, I'd be very interested to see how civil you were if it was happening at the bottom of your road

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:06 pm

forge wrote:
M. Bréqs wrote:
r
well, I'd be very interested to see how civil you were if it was happening at the bottom of your road

You live in Lebanon?
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:08 pm

subterFUSE wrote:
forge wrote:
M. Bréqs wrote:
r

You live in Lebanon?
M Breqs doesnt

sweetjesus

Re: [POLITICAL] - LEBANON

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:08 pm

atom_b wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:
atom_b i hear ya, but there is no lebanese army... seriously they dont have shit over there to fight with or anything, hence why people accept hezbollah.

the irony is that lebanon is 40% christian and rely on a muslim group to protect them... if your country had an army and did not want hezbollah, wouldnt you have done something about it by now?

minimal, the reason i posted this stuff was because it is NOT in the mainstream media. ... they show pictures of israelis bleeding but not the bodies that are drained of blood on the other side.
And that goes to show that hezbollah should not be there in the first place, and start a war which had been over for six years. Now the shit is on...

they kidnapped soldiers (not civilians) to get back lebanese women and children which are still being held by israel despite the war being over for 6 years as you mention.

israel refused to give up those prisoners after the war... those people are someones mother or someones daughter.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:09 pm

forge wrote:
subterFUSE wrote:
forge wrote: well, I'd be very interested to see how civil you were if it was happening at the bottom of your road

You live in Lebanon?
M Breqs doesnt

And I will take your reply to mean that neither do you.

So what reason do you have not to remain civil with M Breqs?
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:12 pm

Don't panic subterFUSE.... We all know each other pretty well.... Got plenty
of respect for good ol' montrealbreaks.

-Ben

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:13 pm

MrYellow wrote:Don't panic subterFUSE.... We all know each other pretty well.... Got plenty
of respect for good ol' montrealbreaks.

-Ben
yeah even after the namecallin begins, we will still all be bonded in Live.

in the meantime, Jaques Chirac seems to be onto it.. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 24,00.html

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:14 pm

subterFUSE wrote:.
So what reason do you have not to remain civil with M Breqs?
probably because these events turn his stomach, someone so behind israel's actions sickens me too.
spreader of butter

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:16 pm

edited
Last edited by forge on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

err_fatale

Post by err_fatale » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:19 pm

as far as I can see, Israel was established by the zionists in much the same way "AMerica" was established by the Europeans. They came as refugees, desperate for a homeland and willing to do whatever it takes to find a home for their people. We all know what happened to the Native American people, and the same fate has befallen the Palestinians since 1917, even going back as far as 1897. They have been systematically murdered, terrorized, tortured in an attempt to not only drive them from their homes and steal their land, but to psychologically subdue them, while the Zionists have also crippled their economy and forced them to live in often deplorable conditions. Lebanon eventuall became a victim of the insanity perpetrated in the region because of Israel's impostion of it's presence in the region. Simple.

I do not agree with ANY of the Hizbollah's beliefs or actions, but I will say that their existence is a direct result of Israel's actions and policies against non-Israeli (ahem....) people in that region. It is very simple. Study your history. They would not exist but for the atrocities commited by the "Zionists".

I blame Israel first, then Hizbollah, they are both to blame and as usual it is innocent people (usually poor) that are simply trying to survive and go about their daily business and have no connection whatsoever with the political game that these people play (i.e. children...) that suffer

Thay are BOTH at fault, they are both fanatic (Hizbolah and the government of iSRAEL) but Israel started the whole thing and continues to terrorize their neighbors of non-Jewish descent.
Last edited by err_fatale on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:19 pm

Forge,

By the same token, don't you think that some of your views may scare some people just as much?
Last edited by subterFUSE on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:20 pm

FACT: 10 of the 15 security council members have already signed on a resolution demanding israel stop.

FACT: USA vetoed a similar resolution in relation to israel in Gaza.

Assumption: USA will do the same again and let the problem escalate.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:22 pm

M. Bréqs wrote:Why can't you remain civil?

I can. ...and do.

It's easy. Just try and consider what somebody else thinks, rather than state dogma. Rather than restate arguements based on emotional pictures, try to look at history and debate on that level. Prove my facts wrong, or refute the logic of my arguements.

eg if I make a claim, and you think it's false, there's one of two possible problems with my statement. Either I have the incorrect premeses, or I draw incorrect conclusions from those premeses.

...anyways, break's over, gotta split. I'll rip your premeses and / or conclusions to shreds later today.

;)

L8er
Well hopefully you are not in this just to "win", and in fact that would be my question, what are you in this for?
I know that to some degree I'm in this to find out what people believe, and why.

From my perspective this whole thing sucks. The Israelis are a new comer to the region, and to totally blame the arab world for their hard ships, and military struggle in the region would be silly I think. The whole issue of arab israeli relations is about as convoluted as it gets..... you have people who were in the are at the time (palestinians ) being forcefully moved about by people who have a religious history with the area(Israelis). Of course the arab world are also responsible to a degree for scaring the crap out of the israelis, and starting shit too. I'm well aware that this is a different conflict, but they do all tie together in relation to a generalized problem there. Israel is seen as occupiers, not as indigenous. It makes for a lot of bad blood.

I don't know what Israel could have done differently, or what the arab world could have done differently, but I do know that I don't take any sides here, there are far too many variables.
All I know is that all the people dying here, in a perfect world would come back as ghosts to haunt the politicians who started this bloodbath. I hope for misery for people who rely on war as an answer in every conflict. :evil: