Live 5.0.3b7 is online! 5.0.3 release candidate!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
commuter

Post by commuter » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:54 pm

BtW, The "old "Z3ta+ bug is still present in 5.02 and 5.03....
I explain :
Load an Instance of RGC Z3ta+ in LIVE, play with it, no problems.....
Now just make ctrl+N to start working on a new track...Bang!!You can't scroll in the browser anymore with your mouse, and all keyboards shortcuts have no more effects......100% reproducible...
You have to restart Live completely to solve the problems...
15" Macbook Pro 2,3 quadcore I7 2012/8gb ram/240gb SSD/ LIVE 9.06/OSX 10.8.5, NI Komplete audio 6
https://www.facebook.com/commuterofficial
http://soundcloud.com/commuter

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 pm

Well... I managed to get a glitchfree 5 hour performance with beta 7 :D

Still got that bug with recording unwanted CC MIDI snaphots when recorded MIDI clips should be blank though Alex :wink:

diverdee

Post by diverdee » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:11 pm

lola wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
Doc Jones wrote:Hello all, just curious. I just purchased Live and installed it. I am now installing the public beta and the beta installs to a different directory than the full Live installation - is this so that when the full 5.03 version is released, it will install to the default full version directory and then I will just need to uninstall the public beta installation?

thanks.
Doc,
Any installation of LIVE will go in a folder named "LIVE "version number"
LIVE 5.03 will make a new folder named "LIVE 5.0.3"
Unused versions can be removed using "add-remove software" item in Control Panel

Pilgrim
Hi, mebe stupid, but i can't seem to remove abe from my pc.
I still get these iritating messages when trying to uninstall.
"can't find install.log" ...and thats strange because the install.log is in the dir of ableton.
A reg fix does not help also.
Any pc guru who can help me out with this?
create a text file in the directory containing the 'unwise.exe' (or whatever the uninstall program is called - i'm at work so can't confirm the name) & the install.log.
In the text file simply write 'unwise.exe install.log ' (no quotes) & save it as a .bat file, e.g. uninstall.bat & doubleclick it to run - it should start the uninstaller for you.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:55 pm

lola wrote: Hi, mebe stupid, but i can't seem to remove abe from my pc.
"can't find install.log" ...and thats strange because the install.log is in the dir of ableton.
Same thing here... I have a bunch of expired betas that don't want to uninstall.... Weird. :?:

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:17 pm

diverdee wrote: create a text file in the directory containing the 'unwise.exe' (or whatever the uninstall program is called - i'm at work so can't confirm the name) & the install.log.
In the text file simply write 'unwise.exe install.log ' (no quotes) & save it as a .bat file, e.g. uninstall.bat & doubleclick it to run - it should start the uninstaller for you.
Thanx for the tip, I had some trouble too to deinstall the last betas too, but i thought my system was corrupted in some manner.
With this .bat file it works now, but there is a bug then in the Live installer then.

Thanx a lot

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

lola

Post by lola » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:10 pm

diverdee wrote:
lola wrote:
Pilgrim wrote: Doc,
Unused versions can be removed using "add-remove software" item in Control Panel

Pilgrim
Hi, mebe stupid, but i can't seem to remove abe from my pc.
create a text file in the directory containing the 'unwise.exe' (or whatever the uninstall program is called - i'm at work so can't confirm the name) & the install.log.
Thank u very very much, it helped :D

Casual Beats

Post by Casual Beats » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:19 pm

Pilgrim wrote: Doc,

Pilgrim
thanks for the info pilgrim.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:37 pm

Yep the .bat file did the trick, thanks! :D

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:07 pm

I love when people post bugs that still haven't been fixed in these beta threads. they do read the forums and they know the existing bugs. and if the fix list doesn't include a fix for it then it's not going to be fixed in that particular beta version so they know it still exists. I'm not trying to have an attidude about it really but it's just common sense. they tell you what is fixed in that beta. everything else not in the fix list is still there.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

gomi

Re: Live 5.0.3b7 is online! 5.0.3 release candidate!

Post by gomi » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:46 pm

Alex wrote: -----------------------------------------------------------------
[04] Bug: Clip length of recorded clips
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Platform: All

When recording quantized audio session clips with a tempo of 130, the resulting sample can sometimes be one frame too short (because of jitter). In such a case we used to make the resulting loop brace one frame shorter, which is bad, because it results in clips that run out of sync if you play them long enough.
Instead, we leave the loop brace as it is now, so that it extends one frame beyond the end of the sample.
Furthermore, the clip length display of such clips would be incorrect in the Track Status Display and in the Clip Detail view.

This is probably the one that was making Reason 3.0 clips that i was recording
go horribly out of sync after so many bars.. THANKS FOR FIXING THAT! YAY!

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:55 am

Johnisfaster wrote:I love when people post bugs that still haven't been fixed in these beta threads. they do read the forums and they know the existing bugs. and if the fix list doesn't include a fix for it then it's not going to be fixed in that particular beta version so they know it still exists. I'm not trying to have an attidude about it really but it's just common sense. they tell you what is fixed in that beta. everything else not in the fix list is still there.
We're all jus' trying to help :wink:

mariner

Re: Live 5.0.3b7 is online! 5.0.3 release candidate!

Post by mariner » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:08 pm

[04] Bug: Clip length of recorded clips
Platform: All

When recording quantized audio session clips with a tempo of 130, the resulting sample can sometimes be one frame too short (because of jitter). In such a case we used to make the resulting loop brace one frame shorter, which is bad, because it results in clips that run out of sync if you play them long enough.
Instead, we leave the loop brace as it is now, so that it extends one frame beyond the end of the sample.
Furthermore, the clip length display of such clips would be incorrect in the Track Status Display and in the Clip Detail view.

I just tested this, and it seems to be working. however, I noticed something strange; I accidentally recorded a 3 bar loop instead of 4 and wanted to add an extra bar of space to keep things in line. when I entered 4 in the length section, it changed from 3 to 2.3.3.

also, I had an even 4 bar loop that I changed to 2 bars and when attempting to bring it back to 4, it came out 3.3.3

It would be cool if we could extend the loop brace by simply entering a larger loop length.

happy holidays!

-M
15" 2.8Ghz i7 MBP OS 10.6.8, MOTU Traveler, Live 8.2.5, M4L, NI Komplete 5, Behringer FCB1010, Edirol PCR 500, Kenton Killamix, Evolution UC-33.