Multitouch Ableton System available

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AudioRuso

Re: Multitouch Ableton System available

Post by AudioRuso » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:31 am

Eeeek no offence.... but that thing is stubby, bulky and ugly ;)

Not to mention there's probably issues in sunlight.

I don't know if you know but Atmel is coming out with a glass thin multi touch display solution in the fall.... and Windows 7 is supposed to support true multi touch (at least I read somewhere)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8weBw6M9HHY

It will come in a lot of different sizes from cellphone screen to full size monitor :)

fx23

Post by fx23 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:27 pm

far too expensive. prefer stantum 15" wich seems to be 5k too, much more accurate and slim/ portable.

latchkeygrl

Post by latchkeygrl » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:56 pm

$5500 is pretty expensive, but still only a fraction of the price of the microsoft surface. Looking at your video, I'd say your system tracks substantially better than the surface - I've used it before at an AT&T store; it's garbage.

GhostandtheMachine

Post by GhostandtheMachine » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Both the Gecko and the Kit have a high speed multi-touch and vision tracking integrated into the system which provides the most useful aspects of vision systems, such as the surface, but not the drawbacks. While the surface is a large table, projection based, and very closed development, our systems are geared towards opensource and independent developers wanting new technology like multi-touch and vision to create next gen apps with. Bringing the prices down is always our goal, but our first goal is quality, and functionality. There are no other systems out that can offer the amount of integrated input options from pens and brushes, to touch less gesture inputs for spatial mixing.

Also, we will be releasing a free multi-touch Ableton midi controller. It will be compatible with all the major opensource/TUIO compatible systems. The app will act as a multitouch control surface with everything from integrated track and clip titles, to multi-touch specific fx control tools. check back in to www.demandevolution.com for more info soon.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 am

I'll just literally demand evolution and go for something smaller and cheaper to be honest.

Sony and Microsoft got the spatial tracking covered for about 150$.
Apple may or may not come out with that Media Pad (big ipod touch) for 800$.
The Woz might offer multitouch mods of the macbook pro in the near future.
Dell is even making some progress in this area and HP are dipping their feet too.
And then there are the companies that produce screen overlays.

Not trying to have a go here, but if you try to market this to musicians. You must not realize how broke we tend to be.

mdb

Post by mdb » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:58 am

This reminds me of CNN, the part when they look at statitics on crack related crimes in Detroit.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:01 am

mdb wrote:This reminds me of CNN, the part when they look at statitics on crack related crimes in Detroit.
Yeah. Jeff Han already bagged those contracts so I suppose they'll go for people who might consider a Lemur. Only, you can get 2 Lemurs and an Iphone for the same money.

jon_moore

Post by jon_moore » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
mdb wrote:This reminds me of CNN, the part when they look at statitics on crack related crimes in Detroit.
Yeah. Jeff Han already bagged those contracts so I suppose they'll go for people who might consider a Lemur. Only, you can get 2 Lemurs and an Iphone for the same money.
That's how I'd spend my $6k for sure!

JM

http://leftside-wobble.blogspot.com/
JM

http://leftside-wobble.blogspot.com/

MacBook Pro 2.8 (10.5.6)

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:25 pm

hoffman2k wrote: Not trying to have a go here, but if you try to market this to musicians. You must not realize how broke we tend to be.

GhostandtheMachine

Post by GhostandtheMachine » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi all,

Wanted to post a couple quick updates..

Demand Evolution will be announcing developer contest to win hardware shortly...check in to www.demandevolution.com for more details in the days to come.

also, we will be releasing a free, and open Max/Msp patch system to combine a few of the currently available libraries and tools to support multi-touch and ableton together. We will be sharing not only max patches using Mathieu Chamagne's MMF (Max Multi-touch Framework) as well as the AbletonApi project midi scripting system. The project will be open and in development. While max for live will offer many of these opportunities soon, we are excited to share a set up that will let multi-touch and ableton users dig in now, and for free. Check in on the site soon for official release announcements.