Live 12 reference manual DISCONTINUED BOOOOOO

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lincolnkid

Re: Live 12 reference manual DISCONTINUED BOOOOOO

Post by lincolnkid » Thu May 16, 2024 9:57 am

[jur] wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:43 pm
🧻
Did I miss something? Is that a picture of the new manual?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu May 16, 2024 6:20 pm

I'm still shocked by this, but I shouldn't be at this point. Ableton are now the biggest independent DAW developer out there, they're one of the top 4 most used DAWs, and you IMO definitely see some awkward corporate shenanigans. Logic although it has Apples backing has not figured out how to use all processors on the latest big, little, power, efficiency chips, and of course it took them until 11 to implement MIDI out from AUi's. Live is sitting here months later with massive mistakes straight up in the online manual, no downloadable PDF, and the new shortcuts aren't even in the manual, they're in another part of the website... :x

It just seems to be a thing, a company gets big enough and they start loosening up the ship, they know people scramble to the perceived #1 DAWs so you get weird omissions. DP, Bitwig, and I'm pretty sure Logic can all have multiple audio files in a Clip, they all passed up Live in terms of that basic functionality, and I don't see any indication that Ableton are interested in implementing it? it's just a given we will workaround.

I bought the upgrade, participated in the beta, but I'm not using it much, it just feels weird being attached to a development team that has as of ten plus years ago 2 million unique users and can't even be assed to compile an online manual that isn't filled with mistakes. I emailed tech support, their answer was literally:
Other users have also contacted us about these topics, so I've added your ticket to the already filed feature requests.
Yep, that's right, bugs and omissions in the manual are now "feature requests".

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu May 16, 2024 6:36 pm

lincolnkid wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:57 am
[jur] wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:43 pm
🧻
Did I miss something? Is that a picture of the new manual?
:lol:
Ableton Forum Moderator

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed May 22, 2024 8:56 pm

I really do not get this? How is the online manual still filled with misinformation, and wrong shortcuts months after the release of Live 12?

What the hell is going on at Ableton HQ? I'm not trying to be hyperbolic, I'm seriously trying to understand how a multi million dollar company can leave their reference manual in such a mess when it's set up to be easily editable?? It's a massive trust breaking thing to do, especially for new users to attempt to use shortcuts that do not work, that are not even referenced in the manual? Weird..

spacepluk

Post by spacepluk » Wed May 29, 2024 9:23 pm

are we there yet?