OT: meat is Murder

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kodama

Re: OT: meat is Murder

Post by Kodama » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Watching your reaction to topics of racism, vivisection (of animals and possibly even humans), the environment, and ethics in general, I think that your name is quite auspicious.

You really long to be a walking hollow shell of a human.

The "android" part at least, I think Bishop was a better guy...

GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Kodama wrote:Watching your reaction to topics of racism, vivisection (of animals and possibly even humans), the environment, and ethics in general, I think that your name is quite auspicious.

You really long to be a walking hollow shell of a human.

The "android" part at least, I think Bishop was a better guy...
Oh please, just because my philosophies are pragmatic doesnt make me a "hollow shell of a human" or whatever. You are real quick to judge my personal character without knowing me personally at all. Furthermore, I find it hypocritical to parade oneself on an ethical high horse and then turn around and levy personal attacks on people who dont agree with them. Emotional arguments aren't good arguments, they're just a bunch of loud noise

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Ha!

There's some show of emotion...if only for self-preservation....
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Kodama wrote:Ok Tone, if you need jock support, I'll throw you a 'bone':
UFC champ Mac Danzig
I'll raise you a Carl Lewis:

10 Olympic medals 9 other Olympic golds and 10 World Championships medals, of which 8 were golds.

His world record in the indoor long jump has stood since 1984 and his 65 consecutive victories in the long jump achieved over a span of 10 years is one of the sport’s longest undefeated streaks.

Here (at 2.22 mins) he talks about how his best performances occurred once he switched (from vegetarian) to a vegan diet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOTETXwfIaY
Last edited by bagginz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:14 pm

ThrowAway wrote:
bagginz wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:Bagginz, could you sum up your video?

I really do understand why you would want to shield yourself from any distateful images.

But there is either: 1. taking the red pill or 2. choosing to stay unaware. Ignorance is bliss
ThrowAway wrote: I'm well aware of the awful shit that happens at SOME farms and packing plants.

I really doubt that you are.
Hello ThrowAway,
"Ive killed and butchered(half ass attempt) pigs. Ive killed cows to get them ready to go to the butcher. Ive been waiting in line with the meat for the scales or for the butcher to show up in un-refrigerated trucks."

"I know meat is sold putrid and rotten and then still processed for human consumption. This shit is nothing new."
And yet you still eat the stuff? Wow! I don't know whether to be appalled or impressed :)
"If you havent been personally involved in this shit its like a kid who played in call of duty telling a soldier how to kill someone."
Indeed. Good analogy.

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:19 pm

ThrowAway wrote: In a non-snobby way, At least I actively do things to help. Im getting my ass up at 7 am on a saturday to help set up tables and raise money and awareness about adoption cats and dogs.
With this I am genuinely impressed.

Cheers,
bagginz

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:27 pm

aisling wrote: if Bilbo Bagginz is your name, mad respect and props for all your music and production tips :oops:
Sorry for the OT.......
Hello aisling,
thanks for your kind words. The pleasure is all mine :mrgreen: I'm glad you found some of it useful.

bilbo bagginz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:36 pm

bagginz wrote:
ThrowAway wrote: In a non-snobby way, At least I actively do things to help. Im getting my ass up at 7 am on a saturday to help set up tables and raise money and awareness about adoption cats and dogs.

Cheers,
bagginz
he's just doing it for the pussy.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:44 pm

bagginz wrote:

Cheers,
bagginz
I also volunteer for two different reptile rescue groups and up until this year regularly donated quality food to the cats and dogs group. I use to give workshops on reptile care until I got sick of the trash that showed up wanting to know how to powerfeed their animals.

The cruelty does happen at farms but not as frequent as the activists would have you think. The air guns are instant kill, brains scrambled, without pain. I hate the fact this is repeatedly shown. Its sensationalist bs on par with the bush adminstrions efforts. I feel bad these animals don't live better lives but if they all did the price of food would skyrocket. Our taxes would sky rocket and yes even your vegan foods would go up dramaticly in price. Besides chickens and veal calfs farm animals live alright lives and deaths 90% of the time.

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm

jsg4z wrote:huh, i didnt know that joaquin phoenix was retarded
ROFTL!!!!!!

That your takewaway from this is the above statement :mrgreen:

(Note: no sarcasm intended)

bagginz

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:44 pm

ThrowAway wrote: The cruelty does happen at farms but not as frequent as the activists would have you think. The air guns are instant kill, brains scrambled, without pain. I hate the fact this is repeatedly shown. Its sensationalist bs on par with the bush adminstrions efforts. I feel bad these animals don't live better lives but if they all did the price of food would skyrocket. Our taxes would sky rocket and yes even your vegan foods would go up dramaticly in price. Besides chickens and veal calfs farm animals live alright lives and deaths 90% of the time.
Wow, you dropped mad science there!

Sounds like you have inside knowledge of every animal at animal production operation on earth...

Also, how exactly would vegan food go up in price if animals were treated better?

The fact is that raw produce is the least subsidized food and needs to be the most. An ear of corn should never cost more than a bag of fritos.

aisling

Post by aisling » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:10 pm

bagginz wrote:
aisling wrote: if Bilbo Bagginz is your name, mad respect and props for all your music and production tips :oops:
Sorry for the OT.......
Hello aisling,
thanks for your kind words. The pleasure is all mine :mrgreen: I'm glad you found some of it useful.

bilbo bagginz
Not only useful, but encouraging, inspiring, and quite humble for a man of your contributions to the music I enjoy. How long have you been a vegan? I know you mention other significant lifestyle changes, and constructive life habits (In interviews I have read).....

:oops: I still listen to Cosmology.......
If you ever get the chance to come to northern california (Sonoma/mendecino counties), your music would be well recieved... maybe next year for the health and harmony festival, or earth dance? :oops:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm not really that invested in this topic to get into a big argument but... weren't even the first "humans" meat eaters? Isn't the consumption of meat just a primal instinct for us? At least that's how I feel... or at least that's my excuse for not having enough will power to stick to a vegetarian diet.

My mom's vegetarian. My sister's vegan. They tried their best to get me into that lifestyle and I willingly gave it a shot some years ago. I held on to the vegetarian thing for about 2 weeks then succumbed to the power of a delicious burger during a grill-out party.

I've tried a few other times to get into the veg thing but I always fail. Sure, I love to eat vegetables and salad... as long as there's some flesh on the plate as well... or some substitute, which I need to look into a bit more.

Meat substitutes aint too bad. My mom is a great cook, and somehow she makes these "fake" meats taste delicious...

BUT...

First of all, I only get a taste of my mom's good vegetarian cooking a few times a year when I visit. I am a horrible cook. Well, not horrible. I just don't have much talent or creativity. Season it up, toss it onto a grill or skillet, flip it a few times. Voila'. :lol: Works well with real meat because it naturally tastes delicious. Doesn't take much talent to make it taste great... But I'm afraid the results won't be as pleasant with the other stuff. Who knows... I need to give it a shot...

BUT...

Second, I can't really consume a lot of soy. For some reason it acts as a trigger to my migraines.

So, on that note, can the vegan people here tell me if there's any meat alternatives that don't use soy?

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:59 pm

You don't need meat alternatives or soy.

Look at the whole of south India for example.

Humans have added meat to their diet over time, but it is against our biology to eat.

Next time your dog buries a meaty bone, wait a few days, dig it up and chow down!

Over the next few days, your digestive tract (and doctor's bills) will answer your question.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Oh, and if you do want another meat analog, you can try seiten, which is made of the protein of wheat.

There are some really nice seiten sausages for example: