Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ethios4

Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Post by ethios4 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Where's Kanye when he's really needed?

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:38 pm

ethios4 wrote:Where's Kanye when he's really needed?
that would make an awesome video...GET ON IT

anachroschism

Post by anachroschism » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:54 pm

hurlingdervish wrote:
had that SAME idea yesterday, instant comedy gold.

Ableton to do simple video like that right? ive never messed with video but i want to learn just to do this.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:06 pm

anachroschism wrote:
hurlingdervish wrote:
had that SAME idea yesterday, instant comedy gold.

Ableton to do simple video like that right? ive never messed with video but i want to learn just to do this.
ableton can slice to your hearts content but no layering... :|

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 pm

So you can promise to bring peace, not do it, and still get the Nobel Peace Prize?

I voted for Obama, but he straight up lied to the American people. No liberal/conservative debate needed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYTKj8pU5M
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Right. And then he got into office and the political and strategic realities took hold. Basically he is legitimizing his critics who said it would be a bad idea to immediately start puling out.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:23 pm

dysanfel wrote:So you can promise to bring peace, not do it, and still get the Nobel Peace Prize?

I voted for Obama, but he straight up lied to the American people. No liberal/conservative debate needed here:

holy shit! so what you're telling me here is that a politician LIED??? I'm dumbfounded... I mean... if you can't trust the politicians who can you trust?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
dysanfel wrote:So you can promise to bring peace, not do it, and still get the Nobel Peace Prize?

holy shit! so what you're telling me here is that a politician LIED??? I'm dumbfounded... I mean... if you can't trust the politicians who can you trust?
yea I know, big surprise right?

I am not surprised or appalled because this kind of thing is totally expected from american politics...

I was fishy about obama before the primary when I heard he wouldn't take Blackwater off the table as an option

but I still think he can redeem himself even though I never expected much out of him

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:

This sort of attitude in political efficacy that is the root of the problem. No one cares or is surprised by any of this. Very, very sad.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:57 pm

dysanfel wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:

This sort of attitude in political efficacy that is the root of the problem. No one cares or is surprised by any of this. Very, very sad.
be bothered by it all you want, how we feel about it doesn't change anything unless we are willing to rally up large numbers of people with guns. But if it makes you feel better throwing a fit on the internet about it then by all means, good luck on your revolution.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:10 am

we should of voted for Michelle

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:38 am

starving student wrote:we should of voted for Michelle
Michelle Pfeiffer?
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

rapidix

Post by rapidix » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:19 am

so obama gets a nobel peace prize and everyone throws a fit because he hasn't done anything. he wasn't even allowed time to do anything. i'm frustrated with this as well.

but obama stands for something. america voted for him because he was a symbol for change. he was a black man running for president. the economy was in the shitter. the war seemed endless. the world seemed hopeless for the u.s.

so maybe since he won the election, the swedes saw that as a sign that the united states would like to see some positive actions in the next four years. give the man a reward and thank a country for putting him in power. a symbol.

just my guess.

leonard

Post by leonard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:26 am

never underestimate the capacity of other people to let you down.
???

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:33 am

chelemasty wrote:
starving student wrote:we should of voted for Michelle
Michelle Pfeiffer?

rare form