Ajusting tempo precisely in arrangement

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
ultraman

Ajusting tempo precisely in arrangement

Post by ultraman » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:43 pm

Hi. I'm doing some tempo changes with the automation curve of the master track in the arrangement window. But when I double click to create a break point, nothing indicates that it's exactly at the good position. I need the tempo changes to be frame-accurate positioned.

And the values of tempo are hard to set. Sometimes, I'm not able to have exact values such as 140, even while ctrl-drag the point. I'm stuck with 139.08 and then 140.01.

Any idea?

Thanks

DJALEX

me too

Post by DJALEX » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:03 pm

I have the same problem :roll:
Live 6 - Reason 3 - Fruity Loops - Acid - Sound Forge 7 - UC-33 - BCF 2000 - KeyStation 61 - Arkaos - Sony Vaio lap

ultraman

tempo

Post by ultraman » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:40 pm

Hi. I've finally found that when enlarging the display vertically, the resolution of the values change. So by trying some different disply sizes, I'm able to finally have the tenmpos I want but sometimes I have to try several time before I can get it.

I can't beleive that there's no tempo list of just a box to enter an exact value for both the tempoo and exact location of the change. It's a basic feature that should be available, like in any pro software on the market.