A "p get_the_parameter_names" object, doesn't work

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
djod

A "p get_the_parameter_names" object, doesn't work

Post by djod » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm trying to rebuild the device in the following movie,
http://cycling74.s3.amazonaws.com/downl ... remote.mov

I have rebuild everything, but the "p get_the_parameter_names" object doesn't get ins and outs. Or shouldn't be an object?
This is the final key to unlock modulation heaven...

djod

8.1b3 | 5.1.0a1 (39951) | 10.5.8

djod

Re: A "p get_the_parameter_names" object, doesn't work

Post by djod » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm

After checking out
mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Yeah, def check out the tutorials. Id say messing with the Live API is a bit much for a beginner, but there are some really helpful API abstractions( patches ) to get you going in the MFL examples folder.

Macro's sure, you can definitely make them, as far as actually grouping, I don't see a way to do it. but Like andreas said, you can just have it sitting in a track and have it control anything in your Live set. What Ive been doing is just have one max device that receives all audio and MIDI and just distribute functions from there.

Heres a quick max device with a couple things ive made, like CC splitters, and LFOs. Might give you an idea of whats possible. You can open up the patch and have a look around. Pretty simple stuff, the LFO i got from the cycling site ( andrew benson's tutorials i think ) most of the APi stuff I just modified the example abstractions a bit.

anyway, I learn a bit differently, didn't make it to far into the tutorials. I like to just dissect something and see how it all works together.

If you have any questions, Ill try my best to answer them.

http://www.trackteamaudio.com/data/macrosproject.zip
I understand that a "p ..." object represents a subpatch. And all what I need is in that patch, so I off to dissect!!
Thanks Mike!!

djod

synnack

Re: A "p get_the_parameter_names" object, doesn't work

Post by synnack » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:50 am

p is short for the "patcher" object. There are a number of these shortcuts for objects like s for "send" and r for "receive".
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud