If I buy Ableton 1.5 in the store now...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
karlson

If I buy Ableton 1.5 in the store now...

Post by karlson » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:51 am

will I get the 2.0 upgrade for free? 1.5 is all they have

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:35 pm

In a word, Yes.
Your serial number will 'tell' that you bought the application after a certain date, thus giving you the right to DOWNLOAD the 2.0 upgrade from this site - which gives you 2.0, but means you'll be stuck with the 1.5 printed manual, and have to settle for a .pdf version of the 2.0 manual.
If you wait until you can get 2.0 boxed, you'll have the printed manual explaining all the new functionalities, which means you can take it to the john.
(This is not a problem if you have a laptop, ofcourse :))
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:38 pm

In a word, Yes.
Your serial number will 'tell' that you bought the application after a certain date, thus giving you the right to DOWNLOAD the 2.0 upgrade from this site - which gives you 2.0, but means you'll be stuck with the 1.5 printed manual, and have to settle for a .pdf version of the 2.0 manual.
If you wait until you can get 2.0 boxed, you'll have the printed manual explaining all the new functionalities, which means you can take it to the john.
(This is not a problem if you have a laptop, ofcourse :))
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

oddible

Post by oddible » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:39 am

That's what I was told as well, but there's good news...

Where I'm purchasing it, 1.5 is $225 and 2.0 is $399!!!

Hence my 1.5 putrchase. 8?)