Laurent Garnier - Fuck USA

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:25 am

Hi!

That's what I say: The american's is totally paranoid, and they think that the rest of the world civilisation are "Dummy's" or Terrorists! I've wouldnt be proud to be a American these day's! No Thanks! They only steal, kills and eating on the bill of all of us!........Let them alone!

xzusa8ky...
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

4am

Post by 4am » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:51 am

not so astonishing
that when i was younger i always dreamed to visit the usa... and this times i wouldn't go, even gratis!
i really hope everyboy can open their eyes 8O and remark it is not normal...
i still want to visit this country some day... but not for the moment...

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:06 am

In a way, Laurent is right, but what he says sounds like spoilt Western idealism. Welcome to the harsch reality!!!!!

I mean, he just experienced what its like to travel when you don't have the passport of a respectable Western country.

Im not talking for myself (Im lucky, I've got the passport of "good" Canada) but i've got lots of friends who've got to go through all this shit - and sometimes fuckin much worse - even to take a weekend of vacation in the civilised world.

To cancel his tour because he refuses to fill out a few forms and being interviewed is sooooo stupid and spoilt from my perspective.

It's a disrespect for his American fans (if he's got any ;) ) and an outragous insult to all the immigrants of the world, to all those living in the "bad" countries who spend ages filling out forms to earn some money for their family.

Sorry if Im being emotional but this spoilt behavior really made me react...
yes, the borders should be more open on this planet, but yes, I think Laurent is being a bitch.

Ben

freshdrumma

Post by freshdrumma » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:20 am

i had the samee things appening to me, not to talk about all the question the make to you on the equipment that you are carrying in...

2 weeks ago i had to do work visa for russia and appart from the 3 houar line outside of the embasy, there were no questions, and no documents needed apart from the pasport and the money!

europe is a lot better for that

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:31 am

Hey it's perfectly legal to hold anyone in the US in-comunicato for an
indefinate period of time so why not..... If no one knows your being held
then there can be no complaints.

The US has a larger proportion of their population in gaol/jail now then
there was in Germany under Hitler or USSR under Stalin.

But all is well.... Relax fella....
Fox News is "Fair and Balanced" :-D

-Ben

Chris Cowie

Post by Chris Cowie » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:57 am

Laurent Garnier is a top geezer and one of the nicest guys in the business. HE IS NO BITCH.

I have experienced those probing questions from the us government. I found it easier to work in China and Russia than the US.

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:15 pm

You've got me inspired :-D

http://www.thebots.net/GWBushSampleArchive.htm

Enjoy!

-Ben

MrTom

Post by MrTom » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:25 pm

I cancelled my yearly trip to Florida and will go to Dubai instead
...It's easier to get in and they have more beautiful skylines...:-)...

and you get punished too if you drink a beer outside :-)...

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:08 pm

Fella Europeans,
It is fucked up now, but please remember that as a basic policy, America's doors are open for immigrants. Used to be easier than now, but still.
Most European countries have never had that possible.
You can not apply to become German, French, Swiss etc. Not now and not some years ago. only by marriage.

Please let me know if I am wrong, I will be happy to find I am.

supster

Post by supster » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:40 pm

madlab wrote:
supster wrote:its all about the freedom fries

imo
Here's the proof that some of the USA inhabitants are totally fucked up. Come on, grow up and forget potatoes.

haha c'mon man do i need big fat sarcasm tags for everything i post here?
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

tylast

Post by tylast » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:55 pm

From what I read here, sounds like Laurent needs to show the staff at the American-French Embassy this page on the application requirements. Most of what he listed is NOT required. Sounds like a rogue manager has gone unchecked. Here's the main application online & here's the supplementary one (PDF format for this one).

Amazing how one manager's deviation from poilcy can cause problems for others. Anyway, I wonder why most people here do not list their location (where they're from) on their profile?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:49 pm

Anybody seen that movie "the day after tomorrow" ?
Especially that part about mexico closing the borders for american refugees.
I don't think new york freezing over scares people as much as bush having a third term. (or becomes emperor of the galaxy).
Or a third bush doing two terms.

It's all messed up.
If Laurent Garnier feels that his freedom and his privacy is invaded. So what?
He's free to feel that way.

The land of the free. bush made that clear in his inauguration speach.
Freedom....bla......Liberty.....bla......freedom....freedom....liberty....bla....freedom.....liberty......
By the time he was done he used freedom more then 20 times and liberty about 16 times i think.
And they will spread it to the darkest corners of the world.

They weren't kidding. Now we have Rice flying all over europe.
Sucking up to everybody thats pissed or has any value to them.
I knew the president is supposed to look dumb dumb. But for your senators to actually swear her in. After all the lying she did and didn't. Damn thats really messed up.

A few days ago, bill gates came to Belgium. To compliment our new state of the art identity cards. And promising micro$oft is already looking for ways to make money out of it. Whoopy, crashing ID's.

It's all a joke. One bad lethal joke.
How many humans does it take to blow up a planet?
Earth: the reality show. Stay tuned for more attempts.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:55 pm

A few days ago, bill gates came to Belgium. To compliment our new state of the art identity cards. And promising micro$oft is already looking for ways to make money out of it. Whoopy, crashing ID's.
"A serious program error has occurred with your identity. You should attempt to 'Save As' from the File menu before being reborn".

:?
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

basetwo

Post by basetwo » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:56 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Hi!

That's what I say: The american's is totally paranoid, and they think that the rest of the world civilisation are "Dummy's" or Terrorists! I've wouldnt be proud to be a American these day's! No Thanks! They only steal, kills and eating on the bill of all of us!........Let them alone!

xzusa8ky...
You forget that thousands of world citizens died and caused the US to adopt this policy (even though it appears the policy is not as tight as has been mentioned). The move was definitely reactionary. When terrorists are no longer a threat, you can bet that things would be relaxed.

I don't care if you guys disagree, but come on, there's no reason to be this inflammatory. Can't we all just get along? :)
Last edited by basetwo on Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The question is not whether or not you are influenced, but rather what it is that influences you.
-----
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939/AMD 64
Seagate 80Gb/Samsung 120Gb SATA
1GB RAM/Delta 66/Firebox
32bit WinXP

mikemc

three things to keep in mind

Post by mikemc » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:17 pm

...the things that are the thing we should keep in mind.

1) The fact of the matter is that other artists have had problems performing in the US prior to the current security measures, and it's always been disheartening to hear about this when it happens because it's supposed to be about freedom of expression.

2) Fer crine out loud for every non-US person that says "US Sux" there is one of my sugar-crazed fast-food bloated compatriots screaming 'We're number one, we're number one' in the face of some third world subsistence farmer, both exhortations being less than fabulous modes of expression.

3) "Howdy Doody" is NOT our President. Alfred E. Newman is our President :)
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.