change minimoog V waveforms with midi

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hrmnk

change minimoog V waveforms with midi

Post by hrmnk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 am

Hi,
i was just setting up an automap template for the arturia minimoog V plugin, but there is no parameter to change the osc waveforms? can i do something about this or do i need the mouse to change the waveforms?

thanks
h

fragmentated

Re: change minimoog V waveforms with midi

Post by fragmentated » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:46 pm

This is one of the problems with most of the Arturia synths. Many of the parameters are not visible to the host such as Waveform Select on the Minimoog. Therefore you cannot "learn" it using novation's automap, NI's Kore, or even the plugin configuration button in Live 8.

It is midi learnable though so if you set up a template that sends midi for a control you can midi learn it to the waveform select. I believe you crtl or command click to get the midi dialog box. Your novation has to be on a standard template or the automap midi template.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Must be doing something wrong but everytime I use minimoogV in Abe it it's detuned when I bounce. Unless I record it to an audio track. Then I noticed that on one instance the tune had been configured, not by me. Weird. Any ideas?
Also, I have trouble getting it to sit in a mix well, it's so round. Sounds amazing soloed but overpowers the mix. Any treatments/ effects you guys like to use with it?
Thanks.

hrmnk

Post by hrmnk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm

@fragmentated thanks, i will try this

@anybody human try sidechaining it or play with volume modulation

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Hey guys, this is my biggest complaint with Arturia synths. None of the buttons in Arturia synths can be assigned to Kore or Novation Automap or Ableton plug-in configuration, and many sliders and dials (like the waveform select) can also not be assigned this way. I've brought this up on the Arturia forum for a few of their synths.

An Arturia spokesman has said that they are "looking into the feasibility of such feature implementation" and that he'd get back to us. Almost every other synth I know shows all it's knobs and buttons to host for automation/mapping, there is no reason why the Arturia ones should not.

I would encourage people here to log on to the Arturia forum and voice your opinion on this.
This thread is about the minimoog in particular where I got the most responses:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... pic=2922.0

For the Prophet V:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... pic=2837.0

For the Jupiter-8V:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... pic=2999.0

It's the same problem for all Arturia synths though, so head on over and encourage them to fix it!

thanks
Professional Shark Jumper.