Samplification! ....ok now where is it?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Samplification! ....ok now where is it?

Post by Jekblad » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:52 am

number one: wanted to make sure everyone saw this. It's pretty cool!

number two: I want to rant on library organization. The first thing i want to do when i get a new live pack is go through the entire thing. listen to all the presets, reverse engineer some crap. learn. What i don't want to do is go on an easter egg hunt for patches, clips and content. Lordy.

I'm aware that the new browser supports meta data, but searching for Live Pack: "Samplification" yields nothing. Just the search "Samplification" yields nothing. grr.

This is another install of live on a different machine so i'm not using my regular library because i don't have the right firewire cable. Also when i search in the browser "del" i want all my delays to come up, and they do, but each time i have to sort to see abe devices at the top. That was default on my other machine, i can't get it to set right on this one. my life is pretty lame right now.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

lowbias

Re: Samplification! ....ok now where is it?

Post by lowbias » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:59 am

I was wondering the same thing, but it seems to just mix in with everything else in instrument racks, etc. I'll be watching this thread for sure as I'm new to Live and was a bit confused when I installed.

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:32 am

ya its all mixed in.. for me its kind of funny because i just moved all of my factory presets into a folder called factory presets so they would be out of my way lol.. now all the folders are back with the new stuff.. i kind of like that cause i know whats new but it is also kind of well you know :)

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:18 am

this is the search you have to run

. LivePack:"Samplification"

you have to have the little period i guess. huh.
check your live lessons, and then "lessons installed by other packs" or something like that. under "sampler" there's a lesson called exploring the samplification pack.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:26 am

IMO, as a free pack, it is fairly bloody awesome. I was just mucking about with it last ngiht and chucking new racks into new tracks and writing some midi patterns and getting very quick and favourable results.

My only fear with the new library content and particularly the construction kits is that we move away from effort in individual sound design and into drag and drop music. The thing is though, as i discovered last night, it is easy, quick and it sounds great! Only the chin strokers would care I guess.

Summary: Is using pre-sets now being seen in the same light as using packaged loops?

For me I hope not, not because I am too lazy to make a sound from scratch but simply because I don't think it's always necessary and I don't write music to appease the chin strokers in any case.

Dr Dub

Post by Dr Dub » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 am

i did exact the mentioned search and there returned no results....

Any idea what went wrong?
Live Suite 9 - MBPR 15 - NI Komplete Audio 6 - Push - Brain - Hands - Melodica

Minimal Justice System

Post by Minimal Justice System » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:10 am

Stop complaining, I can't afford to upgrade to 8 so I don't even get the chance to have samplification!! :cry:
Live 7, Sony Vaio, limited talent, limited budget, limitless enthusiasm. :D
http://twitter.com/funkydoolah

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:16 am

Dr Dub wrote:i did exact the mentioned search and there returned no results....

Any idea what went wrong?
Quickest way is to open the lessons and click on the 'discover samplification' link, or something like that.

pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah, some neat stuff in there. I got the search result for the content by using that lesson. Only thing is it took bloody forever. I had to just let it do it's thing and read the web in the meantime. But I guess that will only happen once because it has to build the search index or something? Hopefully.

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:26 pm

can't wait to go home and start playing around with it

Dr Dub

Post by Dr Dub » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:58 pm

@UKRuss: Found it, thanks. When i tried to search it manually, i missed the space behind the dot.
Live Suite 9 - MBPR 15 - NI Komplete Audio 6 - Push - Brain - Hands - Melodica

jamesp

Post by jamesp » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 pm

I had to do a Library repair, including Live Packs. This is getting to be SOP w/ Live Packs on my rig. They're all there now. For me, Sampler has been the surprise bonus of getting the Suite, which I'd mostly gone with just to get Latin Perc and Tension.

MathematiK I

Post by MathematiK I » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:35 pm

it installs on 8.0.4 or later ?! damn !!!
I'm on 8.0.2...waiting on 8.0.5..
the artist formerly known as 3dot...