MACRO CONTROL MAPPING: MACRO CONTROL NOT CONTROLLING ANYTHNG

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
selimsivad

MACRO CONTROL MAPPING: MACRO CONTROL NOT CONTROLLING ANYTHNG

Post by selimsivad » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:37 am

OKAY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'm doing wrong here: I have my 20 samples in my drum rack. I go to "MAP MODE" for the macro control. Everything turns green, and I assign volume, release, sustain and decay to the macro controls. I make sure that the macro min max levels are all the way up. I exit map mode.

NOW IT APPEARS THAT NOTHING HAS HAPPENED, IN OTHER WORDS: NONE OF MY MACRO CONTROLS DO ANYTHING WHEN I TURN THE MACRO KNOBS/BUTTONS.

AND: NONE OF THE PARAMETERS(VOLUME, RELEASE ETC.) ARE GREYED OUT LIKE THEY SHOULD BE.

I AM PRETTY SURE I'M DOING EVERYTHING CORRECTLY, BUT THE MACRO CONTROLS DON'T DO ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.

I AM AWARE OF HOW THEY WORK CUZ WHEN I SLICE AN AUDIO TO THE MIDI TRACK, YOU GET A BUNCH OF PRESETS.

BTW, is there not a way to customize preset macros when you slice to the midi track???

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE!!!

and I'm an experienced user but this is driving me nuts

selimsivad

Re: MACRO CONTROL MAPPING: MACRO CONTROL NOT CONTROLLING ANYTHNG

Post by selimsivad » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:07 am

OKAY I FIGURED OUT MY PROBLEM: YOU CAN ONLY ASSIGN MACRO CONTROL TO ONE KEY/SAMPLE AT A TIME.

BUUUUUT......

IS THERE NOT A WAY TO ASSIGN MACRO CONTROL TO ALL SAMPLES AT ONCE INSTEAD OF GOING IN ONE BY ONE???

I MEAN THIS SORT OF DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF MACRO, IF I HAVE TO SPEND AN HOUR TO INDIVIDUALLY MAP RELEASE SUSTAIN VOLUME ETC.

THIS IS WHY I PREFER BATTERY OVER DRUM RACK BECAUSE IT'S FASTER TO SET BASIC PARAMETERS ALL AT ONCE, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I LIKE SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF DRUM RACK LIKE SLICING AUDIO TO MIDI TRACK/DRUM RACK.

clarknova

Post by clarknova » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I hear you man. I'm pulling my hair out with this right now.

If you right click a parameter on a simpler on one of the pads, there is an option for "copy value to siblings", which means the value of that parameter will be copies to all sounds.

But why the hell is there not a "copy mapping to siblings"? That would save some time.

This has to be rectified!

Clark

innerstatejt

Post by innerstatejt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:11 am

+1 on "Assign siblings to Macro". It's insane that this isn't possible yet.
Download the FREE PDF: Recovery Songs That Have Lost Their Spark
https://www.musicsoftwaretraining.com/recovery

Valyo

Post by Valyo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:40 pm

+1 was just struggling and searching how to do it, but apparently it's not possible
"assign siblings to macro"