Controlling many loopers with the same pedal?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TheAnimal

Controlling many loopers with the same pedal?

Post by TheAnimal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi loopers,

I was thinking about buying a Boss RC50 and now Live comes with a built-in looper. How nice! :)

Now I have a question: I'd like to use a midi foot controller with 8 free pedals to

- switch between tracks where each track has a looper

- control each looper with the same set of pedals

For example I'd like to use the first three pedals to switch between track 1,2, and 3 and have another 5 pedals assigned to record, overdub, play, stop, and x2.

Is that possible? (And how?)

Cheers,

TheAnimal
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

replicant6

Re: Controlling many loopers with the same pedal?

Post by replicant6 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:26 am

BUMP

I am wondering the exact same thing. Please tell me you can do this... if not... how crippling!

R6

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:14 am

Well, how you do it depends on what foot controller you are using. Usually, MIDI controller devices work by banks, where each bank can hold a different set of settings for your pedals. So, the easiest way to do it would be to set up 3 consecutive banks so the pedals send different CC/Notes, MIDI map each of those banks to the loopers, then simply changing your bank up and down to select which Looper you want to control at the time.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

replicant6

Post by replicant6 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Good idea. I had actually thought of that last night. I know that one of the settings of my Axiom49 allows the knobs to control whichever track instrument/plugin has focus, by being on a certain midi channel. Maybe that would work too...

madlab

Post by madlab » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:54 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:Well, how you do it depends on what foot controller you are using. Usually, MIDI controller devices work by banks, where each bank can hold a different set of settings for your pedals. So, the easiest way to do it would be to set up 3 consecutive banks so the pedals send different CC/Notes, MIDI map each of those banks to the loopers, then simply changing your bank up and down to select which Looper you want to control at the time.
that's what I do with a FCB 1010 and 4 loopers.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission