The only way to beat a hangover..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jacqueslacouth

Re: The only way to beat a hangover..

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:34 am

longjohns wrote:
heavensdaw wrote:Only pussies get hangovers!

:D

Hd

Then Gents, I am one great hairy dripping twat.

optimistic

Post by optimistic » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:48 am

On the night:

1. The Codine Pre-Emptive Strike (going to bed at 3am? Get the codine into you before going to sleep)
2. In extreme cases the Tactical Spew may be considered (the most powerful weapon in your drinking arsenal, however try to do in the crapper and not on the front lawn as my brother-in-law recently did)

The next day:

1. Boil up some pasta, apply liberal doses of arrabiata sauce and add extra chili...that bastard needs to be nice and spicy
2. A nice and mellow beer, preferably a wheat beer, to cool your now burning mouth (since moving to Belgium I've found that Hoegaarden fits this task brilliantly and tastes delicious)

Rinse and repeat with additional codine and Bob's your mother's brother :)

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:21 am

Tone Deft wrote:when you wake up in the morning, it's probably OK to wear the same pants as last night provided you didn't fall down. try not to throw up when you bend over to pick them up. if you're lucky they're over the end of the bed. start scouting for a clean shirt now so you can hang it in the shower to freshen it up. the worse you feel the better you should dress, people will overlook any signs of wear from last night. when showering just hit the hot spots, the armpits, crotch and feet. run COLD water on the face to minimize the bags under your eyes and just try to keep moving, don't dawdle. you're already late for work but it's not a beauty contest you just need to hide the evidence. fuck shaving. remember you might still be drunk, so be careful when driving to work, leave the windows down, radio off (not like you need the noise.) once you get to work, leave your coat, backpack, whatever in the car so when you're walking around people think you just got out of a meeting, not rolling in an hour late. if you can, bring a piece of paper with you and walk hurredly, people won't stop you to talk. get to the computer, turn it on, immediately open a work-type application, if you don't work at a computer, make your work are look 'used' for the morning, now go find water, coffee, gatorade, Red Bull, whatever. it's only a few hours until lunch, if that, plan on an 11:30 lunch. chances are someone won't look for you for 15 minutes, 11:45 is an OK time for lunch, it's just a little early. now go get your backpack, coat and whatever. you have one hour, maybe more, USE THAT TIME. eat a good meal, sleep it off in the car. buy gum, to cover the alcohol breath and the smell leaching from your pores. just like leaving early for lunch, see how late you can go back as if you left late. if questioned, tell them you had a dentists appointment, took a friend to the airport/hospital/whatever, you did some 'life stuff' at lunch rather than during work hours, you're a hero, not a slacker! now it's later in the afternoon. keep moving, 'work' for 20-30 minutes at a time, spaced apart by walks in the fresh air. hydrate/eat/sleep in the car as necessary. try not to watch the clock. one trick is to get a screensaver for the computer that changes every 15 minutes. take snapshots of desktops with different applications open. when your computer sleeps, the screen saver goes up, when people see your computer they think they missed you since the desktop changed and it's not sleeping. on your way home decide if it's hair of the dog and night in the doghouse. repeat as necessary.
:lol: :lol: LMOA!!

You really are quite practiced aren't you! Bleedin pussy!

Hd

forge

Post by forge » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:24 am

coca cola does an amazing job for me

that and Ibuprofen

full English never goes astray either

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 pm

longjohns wrote:

Hd

+2
Two bottles of red last night then polished some beers off :oops: . (I had planned on a quiet one) Right now i feel like a pig shat in my head and have only the thoughts of being the loudest arse in the bbq to comfort me. Anyone who doesn't get hangovers should be made drink washing up liquid and hit their head with a hammer if there's any justice.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:42 pm

ikeaboy wrote:How about not drinking alchohol and sticking to something more innocuous like tea and biscuits.
:roll: :roll: :roll: WHAT?
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:45 pm

longjohns wrote:

Hd

+2
serious... babies or pussies... are you not old enough to drink like a bastard and work hard at the same time...? looser!!!

what is wrong with you guys needing a girls day off after a drug and alcohol excess... no wonder no one wins proper wars anymore... girls.
*** Image GAFM ***

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:03 pm

what is "red"

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 pm

SubFunk wrote:
ikeaboy wrote:How about not drinking alchohol and sticking to something more innocuous like tea and biscuits.
Yeah its do-able, just don't spill hot tea on yourself - that stuff burns - no doubt!!!

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:41 pm

longjohns wrote:what is "red"
whine of a red colour

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:30 am

funky shit wrote:
longjohns wrote:what is "red"
whine of a red colour
whine?

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 am

well 2 bottles of red wine is asking for trouble, especially if it is on the cheaper side.

you got to drink the right things!!!

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:48 am

Berocca is good too

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:57 am

holy crap this beer is good, haven't had it for a while. drinking it with homemade chili and cornbread. life is good.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:15 am

ikeaboy wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
Yeah its do-able, just don't spill hot tea on yourself - that stuff burns - no doubt!!!
:lol:
*** Image GAFM ***