Mail For ABLETON LIVE 8 PROJECT MANAGER

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thecourier

Mail For ABLETON LIVE 8 PROJECT MANAGER

Post by thecourier » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Dear Ableton,
I've just try ableton 8,
what a delusion! Although is a good program I believe something more useful, But there's some people in your stuff that make music?
this is my opinion, it's clear but,
here's question:

1) why you have remove global suffle control, on other Ableton version it was on top left angle of the windows,
now for quantize all at the same suffle I have to manual set every sample that I load (maybe other musician don't use it)
now it's impossible to make the right feel from my tracks and other wave...
please replace it.

2) group is not really useful if you can drag, cut and move in the arrange windows, figure out that you have made the software
for your way to make music, but maybe others use your software in other way.

3) Please put into drum rack delay for every sub channel, it's fundamental in dance anticipate/posticipate bassdrum with snare clap and hihat,
in quick time.

4) add in return the possibility to redirect output also into group, I notice you that many musician have analog mixer and user 4 separate
out one for groove, one for bass, one instrumets, one vocals

So here's my opinion about Ableton 8, please answer me, and other people that think this is right please add post here.

Best Regards
Last edited by thecourier on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Myspace Friend Adder and much more
@ www.anonymousbit.info
Sustain my friend downloading it

timwright

Re: Mail For ABLETON LIVE 8 PROGECT DIRECTOR

Post by timwright » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:35 pm

I disagree with almost all of that I'm afraid. Sorry, but I really like the way it is now compared to 7.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:38 pm

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 pm

thecourier wrote:1) why you have remove global suffle control, on other Ableton version it was on top left angle of the windows,
now for quantize all at the same suffle I have to manual set every sample that I load (maybe other musician don't use it)
please replace it.
WRONG.
If you wanted to use 16th shuffle you had to set it to 16th shuffle before and after having added shuffle to your song's grooves, it's the same mouse click. Also you don't have to do that for every single clip. Select all and change the groove setting for all at the same time.
thecourier wrote:2) group is not really useful if you can drag, cut and move in the arrange windows, figure out that you have made the software
I don't see your point here. Grouping is nice, much more possibilities than before and if you don't like it - don't use it. There could be some improvements, but that's always the case with software.
thecourier wrote:3) Please put into drum rack delay for every sub channel, it's fundamental in dance anticipate/posticipate bassdrum with snare clap and hihat,
in quick time.
Go into the clip, select all notes (cmd+a), drag, hold cmd again and shift the small amounts. Same thing as channel delay and not that complicated. Channel delay might be slightly faster, but I can live with it.
thecourier wrote:4) add in return the possibility to redirect output also into group, I notice you that many musician have analog mixer and user 4 separate
Sorry, I don't understand your point here. You want to route all return channels to a certain output? You CAN do that!

What you wrote are small things you don't like. To conclude this into "But there's some people in your stuff that make music?" is shameless.

sven303

Post by sven303 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:11 pm

1) why you have remove global suffle control, on other Ableton version it was on top left angle of the windows,
please replace it.

Do you mean 'nudge' or a different feature....as its in the same place for me

2) group is not really useful if you can drag, cut and move in the arrange windows, figure out that you have made the software

It would be handy to be able to cut and paste a section that is grouped but its not that awkward to have to open the grouped items and copy/paste them....maybe that will be corrected in a future update

3) Please put into drum rack delay for every sub channel, it's fundamental in dance anticipate/posticipate bassdrum with snare clap and hihat, in quick time.

Im not really 100% sure what your after. But are you asking for an option to be able to map a send to individual pads in a drumrack....Im sure it can probably be done, maybe someone more experienced in making racks & chains can put up an idea

4) add in return the possibility to redirect output also into group, I notice you that many musician have analog mixer and user 4 separate

I dont have a multiple out on my laptop, maybe someone can confirm that when grouped, the group channel can be sent to a seperate stereo pair? other than the master stereo pair....

or

are you asking whether an external channel can be routed into a group....yes you have to create an audio channel within the grouped section

I think you may need to spend a little bit more time with L8, still stuff im figuring out....but good luck getting it the way you want

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:52 pm

swch te kubse plz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:19 pm

Hmm. Who IS the Live 8 Project Director anyway? lol.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:47 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:Image

LOLING

thecourier

Post by thecourier » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 am

wow, great feedback,
first of all I'm not english so you excuse me.

first, it's clear that I consider ableton live n°1-
and it's also clear that is stupid to say
- vocoder is great, warp is wonderful, great program wow good...

Second consideration is that maybe, there is some
dude here, it'snt true. infact answer like
you trollin or switch to cubase :( is no adults answer.

I want to purpose a serious questions...
I've exposed some points, is what I think.
Now what you think?
It would be handy to be able to cut and paste a section that is grouped but its not that awkward to have to open the grouped items and copy/paste them....maybe that will be corrected in a future update
Yes It's what I mean :) like cubase or apple logic. I like group but more useful
Im not really 100% sure what your after. But are you asking for an option to be able to map a send to individual pads in a drumrack....Im sure it can probably be done, maybe someone more experienced in making racks & chains can put up an idea
no I'm asking to add a simple delay for each channel
I dont have a multiple out on my laptop, maybe someone can confirm that when grouped, the group channel can be sent to a seperate stereo pair? other than the master stereo pair....

or

are you asking whether an external channel can be routed into a group....yes you have to create an audio channel within the grouped section
I think you may need to spend a little bit more time with L8, still stuff im figuring out....but good luck getting it the way you want
It's a really common pratice to use an analog mixer and separate output, many sound card have 4 stereo pair, well many musician separate in the first groove, second for bus etc. in the 90's we use external gear and make the same thing with sob group.
But this is not really fundamental thing.
WRONG.
If you wanted to use 16th shuffle you had to set it to 16th shuffle before and after having added shuffle to your song's grooves, it's the same mouse click. Also you don't have to do that for every single clip. Select all and change the groove setting for all at the same time.
WRONG? in ableton 7 you set easy by [option] -> [preference] swing 16, maybe you're never use this option, but I repeat it's fundamental for give the right feel
Go into the clip, select all notes (cmd+a), drag, hold cmd again and shift the small amounts. Same thing as channel delay and not that complicated. Channel delay might be slightly faster, but I can live with it.
Yes I know but it's more easy with delay, and try to anticipate the first beat and then make loop, you don't hear the first note because is out of box.
I mean this:
Do you mean 'nudge' or a different feature....as its in the same place for me
I mean this in live 7

that's all folks

But this forum is not moderated???

ps. Project director = project manager
@ www.anonymousbit.info

stutter

Re: Mail For ABLETON LIVE 8 PROJECT MANAGER

Post by stutter » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm

thecourier

Post by thecourier » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:35 am

Who is this "Tim Wright" ?
@ www.anonymousbit.info

timwright

Post by timwright » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 am

stutter wrote:this Tim Wright?
I'm afraid not, this is my Discogs page.

thecourier

Post by thecourier » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 am

ok, my suspects was founded:

Mainly users here seems that don't use:

- groove quantize :D
- track delay :)
- cut and paste group :(
- nobody of ableton will answer to this mail 8O

ok now I understand... :wink:
@ www.anonymousbit.info

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 am

thecourier wrote:ok, my suspects was founded:

Mainly users here seems that don't use:

- groove quantize :D
- track delay :)
- cut and paste group :(
- nobody of ableton will answer to this mail 8O

ok now I understand... :wink:
The groove quantize formerly used in Live 7 has now become 2 (of hundreds) of potential grooves. Swing 8 and Swing 16. The control moved to the Groove Pool.

You ask for a simple delay for each Drum Slot. Has it occurred to you to use the Simple Delay plugin? Does exactly what you want.

Groups are new, it'll probably take a version or 4 till its up there with Comp Editing in Logic, but its a start.

What do you expect Ableton to answer? I can tell you what they'll say: Please post your requests in the Feature Request forum. We constantly monitor that section, even though we don't respond to every request. Rest assured we got a French dude writing everything down in a huge list.

thecourier

Post by thecourier » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:01 pm

What do you expect Ableton to answer? I can tell you what they'll say: Please post your requests in the Feature Request forum. We constantly monitor that section, even though we don't respond to every request. Rest assured we got a French dude writing everything down in a huge list.
Yes you right, infact I've just posted into Feature Request forum, I'm really curious about official answer...
The groove quantize formerly used in Live 7 has now become 2 (of hundreds) of potential grooves. Swing 8 and Swing 16. The control moved to the Groove Pool.
yes you right but It's something like vista, to change ip Xp= 2 click Vista = 4 click, I mean that in old version I can set all my track one swing 16 (from option->preference etc.) here if I change 20 groove I must assign every time (mySwing16 groove), it's not what I mean fast...
Groups are new, it'll probably take a version or 4 till its up there with Comp Editing in Logic, but its a start.
Yes I believe...
You ask for a simple delay for each Drum Slot. Has it occurred to you to use the Simple Delay plugin? Does exactly what you want.
the plugin you mean can anticipate too?

thanks 4 Ur mail :D
@ www.anonymousbit.info