uc33e (doublecklick?)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
peaco

uc33e (doublecklick?)

Post by peaco » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:58 pm

bought me an uc33e, but can someone tell me why i musst a button click 3 times to change a clipstatus ???

got the button #1 to fire a clip. on first click the clip (is toggle in live) starts.....second click on the button (would stop the clip)....but nothing....third click....the clip stops ..... fourth click....nothing....fifth .... clip starts...huh ?

:?:

vince watson

Post by vince watson » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:09 pm

hey there....i was wondering about that as well...

my problem on the uc33 is that if i assign the play button on it to the scenes, i have to double click it before it moves down....wierd..
I also noticed that if i select a scene with the mouse then use the uc33, it always repeates the scene that has just played first, and will not go onoto the next.

One thing i would say, and this may be why this situation exists....i have on a number of occasions almost pressed the incorrect button on the uc33, which if it had been on a 1 press situation, would have made me look stupid :)

but yeah...i was curious also...
Macbook Pro (Early2011) 17" Antiglare Hi Res 2.2, 8gb Ram, RME Multiface Expresscard, Ableton 7.18, Ableton 8.2.1, Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:47 pm

Hi Vince,

the reason for the behaviour is simple, the cure is not, but we work on it. The reason is that the uc33 toggles the keys, press it once and it sends a note_on, press it a second time and it sends a note_off. The majority of controls inlcuding obviously every keyboard sends a note on each time pressed. So, the problem is the uc33, but we are thinking of ways to deal with it in the future.

Robert

vince watson

Post by vince watson » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:03 pm

aaah...i see.....thanks again.
Macbook Pro (Early2011) 17" Antiglare Hi Res 2.2, 8gb Ram, RME Multiface Expresscard, Ableton 7.18, Ableton 8.2.1, Snow Leopard 10.6.8

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:53 pm

To configure the uc33 so that you only need to press the button once is pretty easy.

-press the button you want to configure
-press "CONTROL ASSIGN"
-within 3 seconds type the number "147"
-now press "program"
-within 3 seconds type in a notenumber (*)

To save this:

-press "memory"
-within 3 seconds press in the number of the preset you want to save it on (1 to 33)

Notenumbers can be found in the manual. although they are just numbers. you can start at 01 if you want to.

Cheers
Last edited by hoffman2k on Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:15 am

hey hoffman , i did what you said exactly as you typed it, and its not working
when i type in 147 it shows that i typed in C14, but i continue with the directions...

and then when i hit the button once it sends 00 and twice it sends 127

any ideas?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:18 am

nevermind..
i think its hit CONTROL ASSIGN rather than CONTROL Select.
if this is true you may want to edit your post.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:51 am

My bad. after explaining it about 10 times, i was bound to get it wrong someday. i edited it.
i thought you already did this weeks ago.

cheers

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:42 am

i did but i never saved it.. derffff :oops:

so i searched the forum for "UC33 note off" and came across Robert's more recent post being listed first.
this led me to what i was looking for anyway , and that was the explanation from you how to do it.

deductive reasoning told me that i was ASSIGNing a control rather than SELECTing one, and i eventually figured it out.

why the buttons are on/off in the first place is beyond me.
but they aren't any more, not on any of my presets. 8)

also , i didnt assign new note numbers, didn't need to really.
after hitting "program" it auto assigns a note # if you do not enter a new one.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:30 pm

AdamJay wrote:also , i didnt assign new note numbers, didn't need to really.
after hitting "program" it auto assigns a note # if you do not enter a new one.
Yeah, i guess everybody has to see what goes and not together with their other gear.
I only use the first 4 presets that i customized. the 9 faders and 4 transport buttons always have the same function in the presets.
The knobs and the ten other buttons change with the presets.
All are on global channel except the 9 faders and 4 buttons.

It's how i figure to get the most out of it.

B

Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:38 pm

Robert Henke wrote:Hi Vince,

the reason for the behaviour is simple, the cure is not, but we work on it. The reason is that the uc33 toggles the keys, press it once and it sends a note_on, press it a second time and it sends a note_off. The majority of controls inlcuding obviously every keyboard sends a note on each time pressed. So, the problem is the uc33, but we are thinking of ways to deal with it in the future.

Robert
Although there are a lot of different modules you can use in the Nord G2 to send MIDI data to Live, the most useful ones send on/off signals from their buttons and so display the same problem. This is a great shame since the G2 has great potential as a Live controller, regardless of it's synth potential.

You can configure the UC33 to send only MIDI=127 signals on every button press, I think you do it with the MSB/LSB codes, but it's a long time since I did this, it's in the UC33 manual. You set both to be 127 for each button, normally they are 0 & 127 or 127 & 0.

ma

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:22 pm

Macrostructure wrote:
Robert Henke wrote:Hi Vince,

Robert
Although there are a lot of different modules you can use in the Nord G2 to send MIDI data to Live, the most useful ones send on/off signals from their buttons and so display the same problem. This is a great shame since the G2 has great potential as a Live controller, regardless of it's synth potential.

You can configure the UC33 to send only MIDI=127 signals on every button press, I think you do it with the MSB/LSB codes, but it's a long time since I did this, it's in the UC33 manual. You set both to be 127 for each button, normally they are 0 & 127 or 127 & 0.

ma
Naw. MSb and lsb arent required for this.
Just change the button to cc 147. now it acts like a midi note. You can choose wich note by entering the corresponding program number.

Check the uc33 manual or this site http://www.indiana.edu/%7Eemusic/hertz.htm for midi numbers

+1

Hmmm

Post by +1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:38 am

Hi guys

1. Press SELECT and press the “stop” button. The display will show that you have selected controller 45.
2. Press DATA MSB twice and enter a value of '64'
3. Press DATA LSB twice, and enter a value of '64'
4. Store your new settings and enjoy

(you should do this with the "play" and clip buttons as well)

If you can't get it right try reading the "Programming & Editing The UC-33" chapter

http://www.evolution.co.uk/pub/manuals/ ... snglpg.pdf

The boring stuff...

The first time you press the stop button it sends out a "high" signal
Next time you press the stop button it sends out a "low"
The value of these are 127 and 00...
We want the button to send a high signal every time we hit stop so we change the MSB and the LSB to something between 64 and 127
0 - 63 is "low"
64 - 127 is "high"

Hope this helps, I know I got it right 8O

Cheers +1

+1

addon

Post by +1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:20 am

You might wanna check your cc settings if it dosen't work...
I can't remember if I changed them of not

Mine looks like this:

Launch button 1 cc 19
Launch button 2 cc 20
Launch button 3 cc 21
Launch button 4 cc 22
Launch button 5 cc 23
Launch button 6 cc 24
Scene control - cc 25
Scene control "play" cc 26
Scene control + cc 27
Scene control "stop" cc 18
"Play" cc 14
"Stop" cc 15
"Record" cc 16
"Tap Tempo" cc 17

1. Press SELECT and press one of the buttons listed above
2. Press ASSIGN. The LCD will flash the CC symbol.
The 3 digit display will indicate the currently assigned MIDI cc number.
3.Type in a new MIDI cc value using the numeric keypad or '+' and '-' buttons.
The MIDI controller number you select will be assigned to the currently selected
controller, shown by the number on the small, 2-digit display.

Cheers +1

+1

Post by +1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:08 pm

Soo did anyone try this or was this a waste of time??