I want a new toy - SynPlant or Zebra2 ??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lola

Post by lola » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Would go for camel audio alchemy

teknobryan

Post by teknobryan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:48 pm

wait for FXPansion D-CAM Synth Squad and be like Deadmau5.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 pm

I own Alchemy and it's just not 'quality' like Zebra is.

Honestly, I think I will still use Sampler & Simpler more than Alchemy for sample goofyness.

Synplant is a cool idea, but the synth engine is just not that special.

Zebra is the best for VA and does as good of a job at physical modeling with more control than the bundled aas instruments.

It's just a sweet spot of quality/value/complexity/results.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

rjbourc

Re: I want a new toy - SynPlant or Zebra2 ??

Post by rjbourc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:27 pm

mholloway wrote:Hey guys. I'm feeling the itch to dump another load of cash onto a softsynth to play with. I've already got a ton of toys but don't have...
The key words here are "toys" and "play".

Synplant is just a joy to "play" with. Kick back with some headphones and be entertained by the amazing variety of sounds that issue forth. A remarkable musical "toy" that you just may find inspires you to go lay down some tracks.

Offering up another option: have you tried Krishna? I like it. The "frame oscillator" can crank out some wild sounds, taking you places you didn't even know you want to go.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:03 am

synplant is the first synth since zebra 2 that really blow(s) me away. it sounds nearly as good as zebra (which soundwise is by far the king of software synths), but it has a much more usable and clever interface for instant use. if you wanna really use zebra you have to take time and concentration, searching for the right parameter every time. connect it to the controller matrix, search another, reconnect and stuff. its work. synplant is better for lazy but quick going people who just scroll through these exceptionally usable presets and just change a very few parameters while gaining always a great effect.

therefore synplant is the best fast food you get get right now, and zebra the perfect dinner for a night where time plays no role.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay