Remote Zero SL - strange results in Ableton

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
djEric

Remote Zero SL - strange results in Ableton

Post by djEric » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:04 am

Has anyone seen this and if so, how did they resolve it?
- On all my pots I'm finding odd behavior. Let's take an example:
The 1st pot is set to control lows on track 1. Regardless of "Pot Strategy", "high/low", "default value", or anything else, the low in ableton respond backwards (turn right, it goes left), which would not be that big of a deal if not that it also suddenly jumps and it only takes a partial turn of the knob to get to either 0 or 127. Also, if I turn the knob to the point where the Ableton starts adjusting values, I can actually starting turning the opposite direction and it will still keep going. Crazy!

I had this same behavior on the 8th slider (why that one only, no clue). I tried and tried and then just deleted mapping and remapped. At some point the remapping worked. I've tried remapping the pots and no dice.

What the heck is causing this? How do you fix it? And why does it only affect some controls and not others, or even 1 control out of 8.

Thanks!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:01 am

When you remap controllers, pay attention to the text that appears at the bottom of the Live screen.

The knobs should be assigned in "Absolute" mode. The controls going backwards are assigned to "Relative Comp".
Either turn the knob (while in MIDI Learn) until you see that the message is Absolute or change the menu from relative to absolute by hand.

- Bjorn

2ndSoul

Post by 2ndSoul » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi

Try in the system preferences only to add your Novation in/out on Port 2 ,...and not the other one if you don't need them....

Perhaps this will help....

Rgs
MacBook Pro 2,16 GHZ, Live 7 Suite, SonicCharge Microtonic & Synplant, M-Audio Fast Track Pro, ESI- Near05, AKG 271, Novation Remote SL 25 Compact, AKAI MPD32 (hopefully soon AKAI APC40 & Live 8)

djEric

Post by djEric » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:39 am

hoffman2k wrote:When you remap controllers, pay attention to the text that appears at the bottom of the Live screen.

The knobs should be assigned in "Absolute" mode. The controls going backwards are assigned to "Relative Comp".
Either turn the knob (while in MIDI Learn) until you see that the message is Absolute or change the menu from relative to absolute by hand.

- Bjorn
BINGO! I noticed the drop-down at the bottom and changed to absolute. Thanks a million!