Thats it Im selling my Reason 4.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ahlstrominfo

Thats it Im selling my Reason 4.0

Post by ahlstrominfo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:51 pm

I havnt been using it for about a year, and since I've got the Live Suite i really don't need it.

Whats your thoughts?
My old signature was pretty stupid, so I changed it to this one.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 pm

bye bye reason 4

t1mp

Post by t1mp » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:01 pm

dave dominey wrote:bye bye reason 4
lol

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:02 pm

I bought Reason 4 just before I got Live 7 Suite.

I've never really used it. I ues Live for everything.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:05 pm

I would personally never sell Reason 4. It inspires me to do some very different things than what I normally do in Live, and the interface is a hell of a lot of fun for habitual sound tweakers like myself. Don't get me wrong, Live is my software of choice, but sometimes it's nice to break out of it and use something else for a while to get a fresh perspective.

- Nick

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:13 pm

im selling mine too with recycle

recycle cost way too much for what it does, and i can do slicing in live now anyway. ive never even made a complete song in reason ever either.

Silwolffe

Post by Silwolffe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:13 pm

You know, you can use Reason as a ReWire application into Live and still use it's effects, synthesizers, and samplers... That's what I do. Thor has been an absolute dream to work with - hands down my favorite Synth so far.

I don't see why you would want to get rid of it. Reason is an impressive tool to have at your disposal.

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Silwolffe wrote:Thor has been an absolute dream to work with - hands down my favorite Synth so far.
Completely agreed. Thor has inspired me so much that I'll likely do a sound design series based completely around it.

- Nick

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Nick the Zombie wrote:I would personally never sell Reason 4. It inspires me to do some very different things than what I normally do in Live, and the interface is a hell of a lot of fun for habitual sound tweakers like myself. Don't get me wrong, Live is my software of choice, but sometimes it's nice to break out of it and use something else for a while to get a fresh perspective.

- Nick
I like your sane and logical point of view. Reason has it's place. I get a lot of use out of it. Most ideas begin in reason before migrating to live or dp....
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

myxomat0515

Post by myxomat0515 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:34 pm

I'm with Nick the Zombie on this one. Could I live without Reason? Yes, but I rather enjoy working with Reason rewired into Live. I think it makes an excellent plug-in. Plus there are many sounds that I go to Reason to create simply because its easier for me, and I enjoy working with Reason's GUI. I'm sure one day, it will no longer be necessary...Live got a regroove mixer (plus it seems that it can extract grooves and apply them to AUDIO+MIDI tracks)! Thats pretty badass IMO.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:35 pm

I sold mine many moons ago to finance some ableton upgrade. Version 5 with a purchase of operator I think it was.

I honestly have not missed it.

I really liked Reason, it was fun, and it was my first introduction to making my own music with a computer. Propellerheads are also a good company that I have respect for, a lot like like Ableton, so for a lot of reasons it was hard to part with it.

But, in the end I realized that I simply was not using it anymore. In the course of a year I had opened it maybe once or twice. I wanted to upgrade ableton, and I wanted to buy operator, but I'm not made out of money.

I offered a sweet deal, provided a good description and a picture and it was sold in less than a day.

here's my old "sales ad"
Last edited by smutek on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Question:

I've been using NI for Akoustik piano and Electrik Piano and was wondering if you guys get as good sounds out of Ableton's plug ins or Reason. I'd like to have the least amount of software/plug ins as possible. So far, NI has sounded the best though and I already own it.

I won't ever ditch NI's Guitar Rig, however, until I find something better.
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:41 pm

kramerica wrote:Question:

I've been using NI for Akoustik piano and Electrik Piano and was wondering if you guys get as good sounds out of Ableton's plug ins or Reason. I'd like to have the least amount of software/plug ins as possible. So far, NI has sounded the best though and I already own it.

I won't ever ditch NI's Guitar Rig, however, until I find something better.
I personally prefer both Guitar Rig and Akoustik Piano. In fact, Akoustic Piano is what I start all of my tracks with, taking the focus off of complex sounds and keeping it on creating a composition before I get into all the techy stuff. I've come to love its sound and options and wouldn't ditch for anything that Live or Reason have to offer.

infiniteB

Post by infiniteB » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:18 pm

I own Reason 2.5, which I never use anymore... the move, I think, for someone who doesn't own Reason or Reason 4.0, is to download the demo. It's 100% usable, except you can't save, and it dies after 20 minutes -- just long enough to use the synths, effects, etc., rewire them, and record into live... Just my 2 cents...
PRODUCER/LYRICIST

(SNEAK PREVIEW OF MY ALBUM)
SOUNDCLOUD
http://soundcloud.com/infinitebeyond/
MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/infiniteb
TWITTER:
http://twitter.com/InfiniteBeyond