copy protection/Xternal HD...HELP!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
j

copy protection/Xternal HD...HELP!

Post by j » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:21 pm

Hello ALL

Please forgive me if this has come up before...I searched the forum and could not find an answer.

I just backed up my HD to my external HD, which I do regularly, this gives me a bootable backup...then it occured to me "is LIVE's copy protection gonna freak out because it's on my main HD and backed up on my external HD?"

Getting ready to play with some people and I don't want the humiliation!

THANX
j

krusty

Post by krusty » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:59 pm

Have you tried it? Launch the app. I believe it'll let you know right off if it has a problem with the reconfig. If so you can contact Ableton.

j

Post by j » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:24 pm

Thanks for the reply!!!

Yes it is working now...and I'll be using it all day today preparing for a get together...hopefully it's gonna be OK cause I don't think I'd get a response from Ableton tomorrow (because itz the weekend?).

Thanx Krusty
j

DCools

copy protection

Post by DCools » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:35 pm

Hola,

I'm a freak about keeping my workstation clean. Every few month I do a clean install of my workstation. All my data are on external drives.

Every time when I install my workstation from scratch I have problems with Ableton Live, Native Instruments and Sonic Foundry, I mean Sony, with the registration. I have to email them, phone them etc. to get the online activation accepted again. Thank got I got a, legal. VLK code for Windows XP. Everytime the hardware is the same but the code are different. I'm no fan of dongles but I love them more and more every day. Last time I installed my workstation again and I could not use live for two days. Nice protection all these codes. The good people are always in deep <bleep>.

I like to know what's going to happen in a few years when all the people who buy music (DRM music 128kb shit etc...) and get a new workstation...

Ciao,
Diederick.

p.s. For testing things and keeping my workstation clean I use VMWare now.