ReWire Problems With Cubase SX2

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
amarx

ReWire Problems With Cubase SX2

Post by amarx » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:26 am

Although Ableton 4.4 works fine alone, when I try and use it as a ReWire slave with Cubase SX 2.2, the Ableton tracks crack and pop constantly. There is a also a high-pitched sound at the beginning of the track. The same thing also happens with Acid Pro 5. I'm using a PC with a 2.8 P4 and a meg of RAM. My audio setup consists of the Yamaha 01X mixer connected to the computer via firewire.

Thanks for your help.

clayev2k

Post by clayev2k » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:20 am

amarx...have you tried contacting ableton or cubase directly?

it would be nice to hear some feedback on this issue if
anyone has any idea what this is all about.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:12 pm

You haven't said if you're using XP with SP2 or not.There are issues with SP2 and some Firewire devices...
ew

DCools

Re: ReWire Problems With Cubase SX2

Post by DCools » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:20 pm

Hola,

I had this problem for month but only with "big" projects in Live Rewired to Nuendo in all versions of live. I didn't had these problems with other Rewire applications. Last week I just keep playing with the setting in Nuendo 2 and found the solution.

After I disabled the following option, everything was fine and no more sync errors (Cracks and plops.) with Live.

Device / Device Setup... / VST Multitrack / Expert... / Multi Processing

Turn this off and I can use Live in Nuendo. Maybe this is the solution for Cubase SX also.... Only problem, What's the use of two CPU's in my workstation now? :(

regards,
Diederick.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:37 pm

I have the problem with high pitch beep, otherwise it works OK with SX 2