New GUI for Ableton Live... New Look...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:06 am

Sorry you can't have bigger buttons.

BaronVonAbelDong

Post by BaronVonAbelDong » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:15 am

Last edited by BaronVonAbelDong on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gosinisha

Post by gosinisha » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:21 pm

you know,all together,i like it the way it is.stable,good,fast,simple,creative.if it stay the way it is,it`s ok.but,32bit only? now we have this 32/64bit bridge on macs a long time.for last 2 yrs i use a pc,and for pc we have this bridge coming on windows 7 soon,and maybe it will be solved finaly good(64bit systems on pc have not been good or stable and we`re still stuck with 3gb ram in a 21 century).so i wouldn`t mind live 8 to show the 64bit face-the time has come.everything else os great! live is the best
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:18 am

No to new GUI, yes to Ableton skin editor!

:D
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:33 pm

zebebop wrote:Pauvre Mr. musiclee (i agree with you) t'as pas fini de ramer pour convaincre le ramassi de cretins qui trainent sur ce forum ou je ne post quasiment plus. Tous plus intégristes les uns que les autres (I say NO !). Ils en ont strictement rien à foutre que... ... ...
8O

approx translation :

"Poor Mr Musiclee, you have not ended yet to struggle with this bunch of dumbs that are used to this forum, where I nearly don't post anymore now. They are all more integrist than each other. They don't give a shit about your opinion... "

va donc cuver ton mauvais vin ailleurs :lol:
so go finish your bad wine in another place

Peace et Amour

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:56 pm

Y'a juste les francais qui ont compris. Bref, tout le monde s'en criss de ce qu'il a dit. Anyway c'est con un peu d'insulter les gens dans un autre langue. Plutot hypocrite.

Only the french understood what he said and nobody cares. Anyway it's bit hypocrite to insult somebody in another language thinking they are a bunch of idiots.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:24 pm

paradiddle wrote:tout le monde s'en criss de ce qu'il a dit
translation : "no one cares what this guy said"

:lol:

you're right! I should not have quoted him, but the temptation was so strong to feed the troll... ...

all apologies

musically yours

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:29 pm

8) I know. No need to apologize.

kryz

Post by kryz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:45 pm

I would love the colors to be completely customizable. The skins that are available now are pretty much all awful except for the default one IMHO. Maybe one could also use some kind of textures for backgrounds like wood, fur, cloth, leather, metal or whatever one chooses. I mean if you don't want it then go with plain background colors.
More flexible windows and views would be really great too! Plus in session view I would like to see little previews of the actual waveforms in all clips like the way it is in reason. And the clip colors should be groupable and new clips shouldn't be all brown automatically... Maybe one could also set a general color scheme for clips, so only the chosen colors would be applied to new clips. That way you could avoid clips to turn pink in case you hate pink for example.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:40 am

Again, all I want changed GUI wise is to incorporate things to speed workflow, like allowing the title of a track to have some sort of color bar for quick reference, detachable MIDI editor, smoother vertical resizing when option dragging all at once, and other non invasive UI changes like that. The rest is fine.

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:34 pm

I'd love to be able to put a bit wet pussy jpeg on the ableton logo when booty up. I use and abuse it all the time so might as well get really familiar with my pussy. I mean pc.

coupdetat

Post by coupdetat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 pm

IF ITS NOT BROKEN DONT FIX IT