CU

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:18 am

Wait!
you don't have to sell live;
there's hope:

http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:26 am

Mesmer wrote:Wait!
there's hope:

Awesome. We really appreciate this man.
We'll have him delivered on the ALDJ doorstep by the morning!
We owe you guys big time!!!

Poster

Post by Poster » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:33 am

hoffman2k wrote:
Mesmer wrote:Wait!
there's hope:

Awesome. We really appreciate this man.
We'll have him delivered on the ALDJ doorstep by the morning!
We owe you guys big time!!!
aah yes.. ALDJ; the french mercenaries of music fora..

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 am

is it time to pull a b0unce on the Tumor? :twisted:

posts from Abes and no moderation, that's why this place rocks and what tumor wants to take away.

his nice guy facade is bullshit. roses on a pile of shit is still a steamy stinking pile of shit. he doesn't care anymore, but he's loving the attention.

ban the tumor!! :lol: what's the chance he'll be a Live 8 beta tester?

it's been fun picking on him and his fat whore of a mother. I bet she made him troll shaped cookies to go with his evening's entertainment.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:51 am

Whats even going on?

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:29 am

Tone Deft wrote:it's been fun picking on him and his fat whore of a mother. I bet she made him troll shaped cookies to go with his evening's entertainment.
Trolls eat people, not cookies. Although with some people the difference might not be that big (not referering to you, you seem like quite a smart guy with just a bad attitude sometimes).
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:03 am

Tone Deft wrote: when your mom tells you to shut the fuck up and mind your manners do you well her she's wrong and argue or do you abide? is she the cunt that taught you to be such an insufferably arrogant twat?
Tone Deft wrote:.
it's been fun picking on him and his fat whore of a mother.
Tone Deft wrote:Image
You seem like a particularly unpleasant person.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 am

Tone Deft has his moments of both kinds of extremes. He can be a very nice lad and a very mean brat at the same time. :roll:

I don't know if this is a cultural thing or something, but many of the natively english speaking people around here seem to prefer strong language. My best friends are working on construction sites and steel mills so I can deal with it.

The most unnerving thing is the recurring machismo demeanor. Even DOM suspects our communication problems being based on some "alpha male" clash. Well, humen as a species (not as society) did not evolve any much since the stone-ages and far too often that shows. UghUff :twisted:
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Angstrom wrote:It's because he does bad things and paints himself as the good guy.

If you read Tumour's posts you'd think that Live barely worked at all, that the coders are a small sub-department of marketing and the Support department was staffed by one lonely crack addled chimp .

The reality of course is very different. Ableton Support is noted as some of the best, the application is at least comparable to any other DAW as far as bugs go.

While everyone else simply spots problems in their lives and navigates around them, Tumour seems absolutely unable to do so - he is drawn to them. Tumour must spend his entire life not actually making music but finding some over-complex reason NOT to make music. He takes the worst path possible and then cries foul when he falls over.

He talks a good game, but it's all ego-driven bullshit. Think about it ... why hasn't he sold Live if it is so bad? If he is so committed to getting the best performance - why the hell persist with Live on Vista? simple .. he's a procrastinator of the highest order with attention seeking issues.
Well, okay, I get your point, I kind of was by watching his rants and was always thinking how completely meaningless they were from my POV. But then again I liked the way he was being polite towards everybody, even those who flamed him, since there are many on this forum who act with unnecessary hostility, and seek attention by doing so.

dom

Post by dom » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 pm

Crash wrote: The most unnerving thing is the recurring machismo demeanor. Even DOM suspects our communication problems being based on some "alpha male" clash. Well, humen as a species (not as society) did not evolve any much since the stone-ages and far too often that shows. UghUff :twisted:
Ah good morning folks! This thread is still alive? Impressive!
Regarding the communication problems: Yes, i can confirm the alpha mail clash thing often going on here between the regulars and i really try to change that - you all can help by doing so by watching your language a bit.

But it is also clear that in your special case, Timur, the communication problems are mostly based on what is defined as psycho trolling - no offense, beause i do mean that in the most serious way - and this can only be encountered by ignoring it.
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:43 pm

deleted on behalf of Ableton
Last edited by Crash on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:11 pm

BTW: Has anyone noticed Timur checked out 19th of July, nowadays he seems to be regular at least on RME boards…in case anyone's interested.

Crash

Post by Crash » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Text removed because of libel and slander / real name usage.
Backup available on request - Dom - ableton support.

dom

Post by dom » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Moderation statement:
What you do is called libel and slander.
You were asked to replace the quote that was displaying a picture directly with a textlink instead.
You were not kindly asked to provide a link to this nonsense.

Please correct that.
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:55 pm

oh you poor victim!!

enough with the Tumor threads, attention whores suck. c'mon Tumor, be that nice guy you claim to be, drop the drama.

for the record I was the one who wanted to edited out.

please also note that moderation (as Tumor mentioned) hasn't really occurred until Tumor's traumatic forum experiences of late.

"you're so vain, I bet you think this forum's about you
don't you?
don't you?
don't you?"
Last edited by Tone Deft on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz