OT- Obama must have shat his draws

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Incy

Post by Incy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:19 pm

They said Bush would surround himself with smart people before 2000...

Ultimately, as with the Cuban Missle Crisis, there are critical choices that can only be made by the President alone. The Iraq War was ulimately Bush's choice as he admitted himself in spite of who was on his cabinet. He ignored Powell, the one he should have been listening to.

The Iraq War costed me as a tax payer half a years salary. We didn't need to go. We were lied to about the danger. We are not in the business of removing every brutal dictator in this world. Only perhaps only the ones with resources.

No wonder Obama has better then half a chance. The reason has little to do with McCain. It's like some sort of wrath of the people that's formulating the current political climate. Just like when Clinton got caught for getting a BJ; suddently the repugloons were in charge.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:22 pm

I think the president should be receiving regular blow jobs, fantastic stress reliever.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

jbible

Post by jbible » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:34 pm

Below are five, 100% positive reasons why I know with all of my heart that Barack Obama is the president this country desperately needs and any other outcome would be a major obstacle in the road to social and economical progress. Why should my opinion matter to anybody...well it doesn't have to...but we all have a voice and here is mine. No matter who you support and who you vote for I implore you to read this with an open mind and heart and respect the fact, as I do, that we are all entitled to express our voice and let it be heard. Put all the negativity that has arisen from this often ugly campaign battle and focus on all the positivity and hopefulness that it has instilled in the hearts and minds of so many people, red and blue. Revel in the fact that we each have a say, we each can make our own decisions and the resources are out there to allow us to educate ourselves so that we can make what we each feel is the right and conscious decision when casting our ballot. Enjoy having differing positions. Have friendly intelligent debates. Obama supporters, ask a McCain supporter that you respect why they are voting for McCain and listen to them....and McCain supporters, ask an Obama supporter you respect why they are voting for Obama and listen to them. There is no reason to fight or be uncomfortable talking about who we are voting for and why. Try to understand each other and where they are coming from and why they feel strongly about what they do...and respect that. Whatever the turnout each and everyone one of us are important to this country and this world. We are all connected.

5 POSITIVE REASONS I SUPPORT BARACK OBAMA

1. Barack Obama's economical policies make sense to me. I feel corporate entities need incentives to be more responsible. To offer better health care. To keep jobs in the United States. To act more environmentally responsible. To treat their working class employee's better. The middle/working class are the backbone of this country. Corporations depend on the working/middle class, both as workers and consumers, to function, survive, and prosper. Companies that are irresponsible in these areas should be penalized and pay more taxes. In no way shape or form does it make sense to give large corporations tax cuts. The relief should start with the majority. The backbone. The working class. The working class are the consumers. They are the reason these companies exist. The more money the working class has to spend the more money these companies will make, the more these companies will spend, the more the economy will prosper...and which companies prosper and those that do not should be decided by the working class wallet. Not by greedy untrustworthy politicians influenced by lobbyists. I believe Barack will make this change.

2. A better American economy starts in our deteriorating education system. Obama's plans for the education system will set a positive foundation for not only America's future but the entire world's future. Obama's plan to create incentives for people to become educators....and good educators that continually work to improve educational methods and curriculum....will establish a stronger foundation for the county's future. His stance to put a larger focus on science and technology will lay the foundation for scientific advances to fight diseases and protect our environment. His stance to put a priority on keeping art and music programs in schools will teach continue to teach people to express themselves in constructive, positive, and beautiful ways.

3. What this country and the entire world needs now at a fundamental level more than anything is hope. Everything about Barack Obama, his background, his family, his campaign, his story, his compassion, his hard working dedication that has took him from working class through to ivy league schools, to the senate, and now potentially to the position of president.....stands for hope, positivity, acceptance, and overcoming obstacles. His presidency will give solid proof to every citizen of the world that no matter what your background, that if you work hard, you truly can do anything you want. And he has promised to make sure that there is continued progress to make opportunities available to anyone who wants it. Barack Obama is hope and inpiration. And as president he will give hope and inspiration to every citizen of this diverse planet. Barack represents us all. Every single individual that make up the diverse colorful canvas of our world. I truly believe his positive influence of hope and inspiration on the world will do more good, in every aspect from economic to social, and environmental, than any other president has ever done before. He has given us hope that we can be better people, in a better country, and in a better world, if we simply want it and work towards it. His family values and compassion will inspire the world's citizens to be better people. To raise and teach their children well. To respect and be kind to other people. America needs a president that knows what its like to be a common citizen of the United States. Not another silver spoon fed politician with personal and family interest in big business and personal grudges with foreign country leaders, politicians, and corporations.

4. Unfortunate but true is the fact that our current and previous administrations have resulted in a loss of respect for America in other countries around the globe. So much so to the point that we have had attacks on our country. As a country we are represented to the world by who our president is and I strongly feel that with an intelligent, well spoken, compassionate, caring, citizen of the world like Barack Obama as our president America will regain the respect and trust of other countries around the globe as the diverse and beautiful country it is and has the potential to be even more so. A country full of compassionate caring people who want to see this world become a better place for every single one of us. I trust him whole heartedly that he will put more effort into advocating world peace, responsibility, and acceptance than any president has done before. And with an intelligence, grace, respect for others, and willingness to listen, that we can all be proud of. A president we can be proud to call "our president".

5. In closing.....I am not a political or economical expert but I trust Barack Obama with all my heart to lead my country, to make it a better place, to make the right and responsible decisions that will affect not only our country but in many cases the entire world. I trust him to make the right decisions, consider all options, set the right examples, and lay the foundation for the future of my child and all America's children. Never have I been so full of hope and inspired to get involved and let my opinion on a presidential campaign be heard. Barack Obama has placed a spirit of hope in me and has inspired me to strive to be a better person, a better world citizen, a better father, a better husband, son, employee, artist, and individual. I am proud to say that for the first time in my voting history I will make that vote on election day knowing with all of my heart that the candidate I am voting for will truly make a large and postive impact on this country and all the corners of the world which our country, its decisions, and its policies affect. Its time for the end of the 'I' generation and time to begin the 'WE' generation.

John Kerry lost ohio by 9 votes per precinct (GOTV for CHANGE!) ...no matter which State you live in

I ask you friends and family to please take a few moments to read and consider my words here. As some of you know I've been a volunteer for Barack Obama's campaign for change here in Ohio...knocking on doors, making phone calls, letting people know when and where they can vote. This is the first time I have been inspired to volunteer in a political campaign. And usually I wouldnt hit my friends and family with an email like this....but I feel very strongly about this and I think right now is the most important moment in our history to ensure a brighter future for our country and our world. So my apologies if this email annoys you....this is the only one I will be sending out to you regarding this issue. If you support the other party...my apologies and I respect your right to choose.

I know many of you are tired of hearing about the elections and think its over. That attitude could lose us the presidency. These last few days are crucial....to keep people motivated and informed of how important every single vote is.

4 years ago at this time things were looking good for John Kerry in Ohio (and I am sure there were similar situations in other States). Then we all know what happened. This time around its even more important that the right man wins.
John Kerry lost by 118,601 votes in Ohio. Thats only 9 votes per precinct.

So if you are an Obama supporter and want to see this country and world change for the better....call your friends and neighbors and let them know why you think they need to get out there and vote...and why their vote should be for Obama.

If your still unaware of Obama's positive policies that when brought together will make this a better country, with better jobs, then visit his website, read his plan, listen to his speeches. This man knows what he is doing and he will do what is right for us.

And for those of you who Abortion is an important issue...and think a vote for McCain is a vote against abortion I am sorry to say that is not the case. Roe vs. Wade will never be overturned by a Republican no matter what they say. The Abortion issue is the biggest crutch the Republican party has to lean on with Catholics and Christians and they will continue to use the empty promise of banning abortion as a selling point to this demographic.

Obama is accepting of all good people and will look at all issues from all points of view and do what is right for all of us.
experimedia.net - label and mailorder - 15% OFF THROUGH FEB 14TH
jeremybible.com | jeremy bible & jason henry

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:34 pm

Huey wrote:Again, how did 8 years of Bush do this to the economy? First four years were properous by the way.
actually during the Clinton years GDP - a measure of the strength of our economy grew every single year of his presidency by over 2.7 (being the lowest %) all the way to 4.5% plus the deficit was turned into a surplus

When Bush took over GDP stopped growing at the rate it did under Clinton - as a matter of fact '01 (some would say was an recessional year) GDP grew by only .5 %

'07 some would say ended on a down note and I have no doubt the 3rd qtr of this year will be in the negative

I'm not saying I'm for or against Bush I just wanted to point that out

the first four years of Bush were not prosperous - the highest GDP ever got was 3.1% - which is good but nothing compared to the democratic president before him...the one stumping for Obama
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 pm

You should vote for whoever you feel is the best person for the job.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:40 pm

Huey wrote: Again, how did 8 years of Bush do this to the economy? First four years were properous by the way. The war didn't cause anything to do with the economy,
OK this proves you're just trolling. No way in hell you can really be that stupid.

Really everybody, read that clearly, or as clearly as you can with the spelling mistakes, and tell me that anybody could truthfully be saying that? No real right winger would even attempt to justify the economy under GWB, it's pointless. Anyway have fun chatting with the troll, just don't kid yourself, he's not some honest to goodness republican, he's just a bad troll, or 13 years old.

Huey

Post by Huey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm

knotkranky, read the source of the analysis I posted AP definetly is not Fox. Although you probably surf the Clinton News Network (CNN) for your brainwashing. so your feable attempt at the sheeple label has failed. You go on thinking that Obama is your savior.

I do think that public assistance is a good thing. But there are more people on public assistance programs than those who actually need it. Ever been to a "slum" area of a major city. Folks in line paying for food with food stamps and then get into a tricked out SUV to drive home. Its very big where I live, and I have seen it in many other cities at the grocery stores. Would I help an elderly person or disabled person who genuinely needs assist, in a heart beat. But the slackers outweigh the legits.

I saw on TV a gal after the Obama fest before the World Series, she literally said into the microphone "It was the best experience of my life. I never thought this day would come when I no longer have to work at putting gas in my car or paying my mortgage. If I help him (think vote for) he will help me" This is a prime example of what Obama has brainwashed people into thinking he will do. It is scary.

The_planet. Nickel here Nickel there, 401K here, 401K there, government run health care, government provided Social Security for illegals, government control of your guns, Nazi Pelosi, Joe "stick you foot in your mouth" Biden, Taxing FICA even more and not putting it into Social Security like it is legally supposed be....the list is long of where he will rob Peter to pay Paul. Besides, he is a Dem, his moto is tax tax tax tax, fuck the people, government should have the money and distribute it not the worker.
Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 1G RAM, WinXP SP2, Live 6, FL6, Acid 6, Recycle, Atmosphere, Trilogy, Stylus RMX, MPC2500, M-Audio Delta 1010lt, and countless other vst's and outboard stuff.

Huey

Post by Huey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:52 pm

Machinesworking, Look at our join dates to the forum. Don't think troll is the right label. Been here practically as long as you. The first four years of Bush was good in the US. It's the second four years that he went wacko. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am 47 not 13. Blame the Dems for your beef with Bush, you got him elected by choosing the candidates you did. Come on, John Kerry. You guys couldn't do a wee better than that. You obviously don't have a problem with taxes that don't don't get used for what is promised. You must be one wealthy fucker. Alot of people work hard and the government takes and keeps taking, and Obama has promised to take more. I don't work for the Obama or McCain (whoever wins). They work for me and you.
Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 1G RAM, WinXP SP2, Live 6, FL6, Acid 6, Recycle, Atmosphere, Trilogy, Stylus RMX, MPC2500, M-Audio Delta 1010lt, and countless other vst's and outboard stuff.

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Huey wrote:The_planet. Nickel here Nickel there, 401K here, 401K there, government run health care, government provided Social Security for illegals, government control of your guns, Nazi Pelosi, Joe "stick you foot in your mouth" Biden, Taxing FICA even more and not putting it into Social Security like it is legally supposed be....the list is long of where he will rob Peter to pay Paul. Besides, he is a Dem, his moto is tax tax tax tax, fuck the people, government should have the money and distribute it not the worker.
Dude, you aren't even debating anymore. You're just calling names.
With a debate, you're supposed to present rational arguments supported by facts. :p

edit: and regurgitating political catchphrases to boot!
Last edited by hacktheplanet on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

j2j

Re: OT- Obama must have shat his draws

Post by j2j » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Huey wrote:
Tnat speech confirms what I suspected all along......He has no plan.

Huey,

What is your plan to fix the USA economy? Do you have a ten point plan? Does John McCain, Bob Barr, Ralph Nader? Ron Paul is definitely a gentleman, but does he have a sure fire way to undo all the damage, fix everything, and create a brave new world?

Nobody has every single answer right now. Hell, we don't even know all the questions.

The closest answer to a solution, to the problems of mankind, is that given to us by Professor Stephen Hawking. Professor Hawking states, in no uncertain terms, and in words more eloquent than the ones I am about to paraphrase him with, "Man must travel into space, this will unite us, and perhaps give our species the chance to evolve another million years, without space travel, we are doomed to become extinct on Earth."

The human existence, our history, is a combination of good and evil. That is the human experience, condition, the two great forces that have shaped the world in which we all live.

If you were chosen to fix the US economy, would you choose an advisor? Would you ask, for the thoughts and opinions of others? Would you make a decision as though you were an emperor? Either, the US President, is an all knowing dictator, or he has advisors, and other people to bounce decisions off of. There is either a system of checks and balances, or there is not. You have been living in the Bush years too long.

One could only hope, that everything Obama says, he believes with all his heart.

There is so much wrong with Sen. Obama, but he seems to have the right intentions.

Our world, faces many challenges, far beyond the realizations of most peoples ability to self educate. In the coming century, Russia, China, India, will emerge once again as super military and economic powers. Water shortages, food shortages, changing global economies, and the quest for development and resources, will cause the types of conflicts not seen in nearly a century. Environmental, and Human catastrophe are going to litter the path to the final frontier.

Only a crazy, would like to be US President. If you think the last eight years have been something, just wait.

If a list, of the true challenges ahead, were laid out before our eyes, for all to see; global panic would instill; we will see vehicles, with near light-speed capability, or we will see ourselves become extinct, in a post nuclear apocalypse.

China is poised to become the worlds biggest polluter, the Middle East a ravaged society without water, Africa a land of violence over resources.

The USA? Europe?

I don't know.

I do know, this election is completely serious. This is no joke now. Whatever you may think is wrong with Sen. Obama, please try and remember Bush and his family, have been tied to things just as dark, if not more disturbing.

In 8 years, out of the White House, will emerge a man, who stress has all but withered away. There will be no enjoyment of whatever moneys made, there will be no enjoyment of whatever riches given. There will only be the sleeplessness, of knowing the truth, that is so hidden from all of us. The truth of a world, that is always 15 minutes or less, away from its doom.

Obama, 08
Last edited by j2j on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
too many lasers...

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Huey, I'd be curious to know what education and experience you have with economics?

not a challenge, just a question
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:04 pm

maybe obama is here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....probably not though ...

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 pm

Emissary wrote:maybe obama is here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....probably not though ...
Is he all out of bubblegum?

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:14 pm

Huey wrote:knotkranky, read the source of the analysis I posted AP definetly is not Fox. Although you probably surf the Clinton News Network (CNN) for your brainwashing. so your feable attempt at the sheeple label has failed. You go on thinking that Obama is your savior.

I do think that public assistance is a good thing. But there are more people on public assistance programs than those who actually need it. Ever been to a "slum" area of a major city. Folks in line paying for food with food stamps and then get into a tricked out SUV to drive home. Its very big where I live, and I have seen it in many other cities at the grocery stores. Would I help an elderly person or disabled person who genuinely needs assist, in a heart beat. But the slackers outweigh the legits.

I saw on TV a gal after the Obama fest before the World Series, she literally said into the microphone "It was the best experience of my life. I never thought this day would come when I no longer have to work at putting gas in my car or paying my mortgage. If I help him (think vote for) he will help me" This is a prime example of what Obama has brainwashed people into thinking he will do. It is scary.

The_planet. Nickel here Nickel there, 401K here, 401K there, government run health care, government provided Social Security for illegals, government control of your guns, Nazi Pelosi, Joe "stick you foot in your mouth" Biden, Taxing FICA even more and not putting it into Social Security like it is legally supposed be....the list is long of where he will rob Peter to pay Paul. Besides, he is a Dem, his moto is tax tax tax tax, fuck the people, government should have the money and distribute it not the worker.

NY times is my main source and they take their jabs at both candidates. McCain gets maligned more by the press cuz there is so much to rip on. When you suck you get news that you suck. Anyway, so you did vote for bush, maybe even twice. Sorry, but you've lost touch for some time. Bro, i'm 47, seen the world a few times over. The Clinton administration improved many lives in the world. Sure, you can point at any blunders from any source. The fact is Obama's plan is very similar to Clintons and Obama has shown good judement in his current staff picks. Tight campaign too.

McCain picked Palin, a seriously poor poor pick and a window into McCain's poor judgement in picking the right people which is the lion-share of a presidency. He has little control over his own staff and is old as fuck. Palin knows nothing and is a religous radical undaunted by the responsibility of being Prez. Talk about volatile and scary!!

To put it in you your style of reporting, There is simply much more wrong with the McCain / Palin ticket by a long shot. You think fox is less bias that cnn?

No, Obama is not my savior, other than saving us from McCain.

Incy

Post by Incy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Attacking Huey's knowledge of economics is not a really an ad hom, but is also not contructive to this thread either. Neither is his bringing up the notion a women thinks she does have to work if Obama is elected as a reason not to elect Obama very relevant. It's not the same as when common people thought Saddam did 9-11. That perception feed to the masses was criminal.

Then again, who cares if we ad hom Huey. Ostricize the neo con facist!