CU

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Tumor wrote: :D
>>when i C U smile<<
I can face the world, oh oh,
you know I can do anything
When I C U smile
I C a ray of light, oh oh,
I C it shining right through the rain
When I C U smile
Oh yeah, Tumor when I C U smile at me

*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
spreader of butter

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Timur, check out Project 5. Good luck, bro.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:31 pm

y'know, not once have i had to contact customer support.

i must be doing something wrong.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Dalibor Loncar

Post by Dalibor Loncar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:39 pm

actually this topic doesn´t concern me. timur, one thing passed through my mind: pride comes before a fall. if you don´t change your attitude your life won´t be very easy. years ago i also was a pighead so i know what i am talking about. what goes around, comes around.

@ nebulae

do you use project5? is it worth trying it?

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:51 pm

OCD :P :P
I just can't help it.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:59 pm

nebulae wrote:Timur, check out Project 5. Good luck, bro.
very buggy I hear.. better warn Cakewalk support they have it coming..

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Poster wrote:don't forget YOU were the one dragging it on to the forum with your drama posts..
you were the one to make it public and forced Ableton to respond on the forum..
you know as well that they can't go that deep all in the open on a forum..
Timur wrote:So please take some minutes to publish a list of coming fixes and the status of your current progression or estimated release of the first/next update. Even if you cannot do this you should at least publish a current list of known bugs and limitations so that your customers know what problems they have to deal with when working with Live 7.
Poster wrote:remember those empty threats when you were claiming a free copy for all the work you had done?
i.m.ho. you were not a serious discussion partner from that point on..
Talk about urban myths. Hoffman2k uttered the same statement lately. Could you please help my memory where I asked to get a free copy of Live? If you use the search function you will not find the phrase "free copy" in any of my posts. If I wanted a free copy I could just download it. I did state that "I am not willing to pay for a product..." at the buggy state it has been in when I in fact did already pay for it but thought about returning it. My guess is that the long sentence in between puzzled many people who are not used to sentences consisting of more than 10 words. Oh, d*mn, I just wrote another one of those again... :roll:
Nebulae wrote:Timur, check out Project 5. Good luck, bro.
Thanks for the hint and well wishing, Neb. I took a quick look, but it looks like a very typical linear arrangement software. Is it not? Anyway, for the time being I'm bound to use Live (and would love to see it stable and performing).
Leisuremuffin wrote:y'know, not once have i had to contact customer support.

i must be doing something wrong.
No, you are just working differently and have different needs and demands. Live crashes regulary on me when changing Midi settings (DirectMusic is still a mess), external plugins have altering/modulated attacks/timings (and changing those setting can also lead to crashes) and my shiney new PC that is running Vista is still waiting to be used (so that I can give away the old one including its XP installation). You see quite alot of those "CPU spikes", "glitches" and "sudden crash to desktop" posts on the forum. That kind of inconsistent behavior is not tolerable for live-music gear.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:41 pm

^ actually, project 5 is Cakewalk's "answer" to Live. Check out some videos and product demos on Youtube.

Just letting you know there are alternatives.

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Timur wrote:
Poster wrote:remember those empty threats when you were claiming a free copy for all the work you had done?
i.m.ho. you were not a serious discussion partner from that point on..
Talk about urban myths. Hoffman2k uttered the same statement lately. Could you please help my memory where I asked to get a free copy of Live? If you use the search function you will not find the phrase "free copy" in any of my posts.
let me fix that memory leak..

Timur wrote:I am seriously considering to ask Ableton for a free version of Live 7 for all the time and effort I have spend in finding their really hard to find low level bugs! Being a computer expert I usually get paid for this kind of work! :? .

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:04 pm

So when and where did I ask for a free copy then? I also sometimes seriously (with an ironic or sarcastic voice) consider to tell unnerving people to just shut up or go to hell. But guess what, I usually still don't do it. And I did not ask Ableton to provide me a free copy of Live.

Talk about taking things out of context. That was a thread talking about "DRAMATIC CPU load increase when using Vista Basic Desktop" that consisted entirely of content about the topic.

The quote sentence was a small part of a reply to Tarekith writing:
Tarekith wrote:recently I've been reporting that Vista is using WAY more resources (like 20-30%) than XP SP3 - and I was shocked by this
so it seems you have noticed a biggie here!
thanks Timur - you are the uber tester!"
I guess that's one of the reasons why all of my threads ended up with everyone picking/talking about my attitude instead about the subject at hand. Oh, wait, we're doing it again, ain't we? :roll:

Running a TV stream in the background, showing a Bob Marley concert. Current title: "War"... "Everywhere is War!" "We don't need, no more trouble!"

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 pm

well this has been fun (not really)

timur I wish you well

have a great weekend y'all

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:19 pm

nebulae wrote:^ actually, project 5 is Cakewalk's "answer" to Live. Check out some videos and product demos on Youtube.

Just letting you know there are alternatives.
I will do that. Thanks again, Neb. Hehe, guess what. I'm running a thread on the Cakewalk forum since two weeks ago where I informed them about issues in RME's and also in Cakewalks MMCSS implementation. Their CTO Noel was quick to answer and I'm positive that he has identified and possibly fixed the Cakewalk part of the issues already. I'm not going to become a Sonar user, one reason being that there is no OS X port. But the short experience with their forum support has been a good one. Especially with Noel understanding what I am talking about on the technical side and him not feeling offended by a mere demo user pointing to bugs in "his" software. :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 pm

Timur wrote:all of my threads ended up with everyone picking/talking about my attitude instead about the subject at hand.
my $0.02...

you write LOOONG posts and the meat of it gets lost and the conversation rambles towards you.

you're a good guy Timur, you and the forum drive each other nuts, we're Richard Burton to your Elizabeth Taylor.

Happy Friday.

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:21 pm

seriously mate.. that was not taken out of context..
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 379#613029

you can try all you want, even drag other people onto the stage, it ain't happening..

seriously.. you're not even capable to get a quote right; those are Forge' words, not Tarekith' :wink:

anyways.. what do I care.. CU!

Timur wrote:So when and where did I ask for a free copy then? I also sometimes seriously (with an ironic or sarcastic voice) consider to tell unnerving people to just shut up or go to hell. But guess what, I usually still don't do it. And I did not ask Ableton to provide me a free copy of Live.

Talk about taking things out of context. That was a thread talking about "DRAMATIC CPU load increase when using Vista Basic Desktop" that consisted entirely of content about the topic.

The quote sentence was a small part of a reply to Tarekith writing:
Tarekith wrote:recently I've been reporting that Vista is using WAY more resources (like 20-30%) than XP SP3 - and I was shocked by this
so it seems you have noticed a biggie here!
thanks Timur - you are the uber tester!"
I guess that's one of the reasons why all of my threads ended up with everyone picking/talking about my attitude instead about the subject at hand. Oh, wait, we're doing it again, ain't we? :roll:

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:29 pm

Well, then call it "not understanding the context".

And yep, I kept mixing up Forge and Tarekith during my whole stay on this forum. Guess it was kind of a running gag thing for my brain. But likely this time it also happened due to me becoming unnerved by again wasting my time with this kiddies' stuff. :lol:

Hm, why did I use the laughing smiley here? Guess my brain's already turned to jelly...
Last edited by Timur on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.