This is a joke right?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:50 am

leedsquietman wrote:Timur is right about the plugin buffer thing too. i wasn't so sure about that at first, but after trying it for myself, it does have an impact.
Hey Leeds, what kind of impact do you mean? Latency and CPU load are expected, but did you also notice the timing problems/difference?

guly

Post by guly » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:34 am

what's that stupid norton icon, in the bottom-right side? do you ever tried to run in mud? remove, disinstall, erase, blame it and live happy.
i'm an artist, don't ask me why.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:05 pm

not until you add the links in there, mate. Imagine ten-fifteen people all wanting to try that out? That's a lot of googling...

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Ha! You don't have the energy and time to search for one, two, three pieces of software? No problem, pay someone to setup your PC for you, lazy b*st*rd! :P

BTW, feel free to add those links yourself, everyone can post on this forum. ;)

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Timur wrote:Ha! You don't have the energy and time to search for one, two, three pieces of software? No problem, pay someone to setup your PC for you, lazy b*st*rd! :P
I do, but if you have the time to post screenshots but not links, then you're being...well... less of a gentleman, and not really sharing, more bragging, if anything. Just my personal standpoint. Learn-to-google will do, but not in a tutorial - in fact, point me towards a website where they just list names of products, not links to them. Then I'll know where NOT to go.

I totally get it, you're coming from a geek standpoint where you would rather spend the time to tell people to F off than to provide them with links. I'm just not that dude. :roll: ;)

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Hm, so this forum preferes links (and me spending time and effort on providing them) over sharing of knowledge from an experienced professional (and me spending time researching and writing them down instead of hunting links)?!

Well, here's a link for you: www.download.com

It's full of software links and no bragging upto to a point where you need to google for the knowledge yourself. :lol:

Seriously, you mean to tell me that free sharing of indeep knowledge and hints on how to get your system running is worthless until links to all mentioned freeware software is provided? Hm, I think I can live with that and can easily spare you of my bragging in the future by holding my knowledge to myself and spending the saved time on other things (I really need to get better in Civilization 4). :mrgreen:
Last edited by Timur on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:50 pm

you seem to take this extremely personal. Good riddance.

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Nah, don't worry, I'm just a bit unnerved by this forum and the kind of feedback one gets from here. No hard feelings.

Frankly I'd have to do the very same googling up in order to find the links and place them into the thread, so anyone can do it. If you post them to me I will edit the original post and add them. ;)

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Tumor.
spreader of butter

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:54 pm

But really, I mean, I'm talking about highly complex PC tech stuff, trying to explain complex and valuable informations and people nag me for not providing links? Pfff... damsels... who cares if your (as in you all, not Machinate personally) system isn't running smooth just because you don't know nothing about how to properly setup a PC, I know it all and don't have such problems myself! :roll:

This is one of the instances that demonstrates that a mixure of irony, seriousness and at least one laughing eye don't transmit well via text-forums.
Last edited by Timur on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:56 pm

b0unce wrote:Tumor.
Baby.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Timur wrote:Nah, don't worry, I'm just a bit unnerved by this forum and the kind of feedback one gets from here. No hard feelings.

Frankly I'd have to do the very same googling up in order to find the links and place them into the thread, so anyone can do it.
yes, I read your flawed rationale in the other thread. That's why it takes work to help other people, if you don't put in the work you're just letting other people know that YOU know what to do.

The problem with that "I would have to google" argument is that it either assumes that only one person will take your advice, or that your time is more important than the time of others. Here's a hint: That thread has had 4953 views. Nearly 5000. Let's say one fifth of those people wanted to take your advice Taking the time to do the links would ensure that one thousand people got to where they needed to go, while only needing ONE round of googling, not 1000.

Add to that the very real fact that while surfing people simply abandon sites if they don't get pointed to where they need to go. ...

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:02 pm

No pain no gain. If the article doesn't help you, skip it. If you want to help me make it better, provide me with the collected links and I will gladly add them. Ha, I could even have done that already if I wasn't so busy arguing with so many forum members about how they don't like my attitude. <dancing_around_wildly_with_a_mad_look_on_his_face> 8)