How do guys you combine real instruments with Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:34 am

mikemc wrote:fwiw, when I play guitar, Live is my band, I set up some effects to shift the beats and some other aspects, and then I play over top. This band never gets sick of my interminable soloing, has no 'issues at home', and never calls me asking for a ride to practice :)

u t e n z i l

UUUTTTTEEEENNNNZZZZZIIIIILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:45 am

vdrum wrote:Our band uses Live (ver. 6) a guitar and an edrum kit.

All instruments are run through Live...we start with NO pre-recorded samples or loops, opting to create them on the fly using live-looping techniques we're worked on since Live ver. 1.5

Its a GREAt way to go, costs a bundle to do it right and is more addictive than heroin, nicotine and alchohol combined!

www.spinningplates.us

Really great sound, man. Very nice.

vdrum

Post by vdrum » Thu May 29, 2008 11:49 am

Lndrvr1= Many thanks for those words Bro.
eDrummer: Roland Vdrum kit Live 8/ MacBookPro 2.5 mhz & 2gb. Motu Ultralite.. Homemade midi-triggering pad for LIVE's filters , clips , & record buttons. Hopelessly hooked on live looping.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu May 29, 2008 12:59 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
mikemc wrote:fwiw, when I play guitar, Live is my band, I set up some effects to shift the beats and some other aspects, and then I play over top. This band never gets sick of my interminable soloing, has no 'issues at home', and never calls me asking for a ride to practice :)

u t e n z i l

UUUTTTTEEEENNNNZZZZZIIIIILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :roll: :oops: :lol:

where are you located? I have to go play that town, just to see the one person in the audience holding up the lighter :D
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

polemans

live, live

Post by polemans » Thu May 29, 2008 2:06 pm

i use ableton in my performances, and rarely use loops or sequences, all the sounds/samples/vsti's and effects are triggered by live drums via midi sensors, or distance sensors, treated with the ableton midi effects ( random/chords etc) i use ableton in completely 'free' improvisations and don't stick to a tempo or use a click ( not that i could stick to a click anyway....)
ableton, computer, old drums, newfangled drums, loadsa bits n bobs. - http://www.myspace.com/polemans

oblique strategies

Re: live, live

Post by oblique strategies » Thu May 29, 2008 5:54 pm

polemans wrote:i use ableton in my performances, and rarely use loops or sequences, all the sounds/samples/vsti's and effects are triggered by live drums via midi sensors, or distance sensors, treated with the ableton midi effects ( random/chords etc) i use ableton in completely 'free' improvisations and don't stick to a tempo or use a click ( not that i could stick to a click anyway....)
Interesting work. Tell me more!

What are the sensors sensing? I know there are sensors that can detect a wide variety of changes in various mediums.

I'm going to check out your site.