Latency Compensation not working properly

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
scyhte

Latency Compensation not working properly

Post by scyhte » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:20 am

i've got a few problems with latency compensation.
first thing is, when i got live running through my firewire-interface (latency set to 2,9ms) i get single delayed tracks with LC on. when i switch it off, everything is fine. but it should work exactly the other way round. or did i get something wrong?
but ok, this is not much of a problem as long as i dont record a song.
which i just did. and now i get strange glitches everytime the song position pointer gets to those positions in the song where the clips of a new scene i triggered, start to play.
it seems those glitches are recorded into the midiclips on my drumtrack. when i deactivate that clips, the song runs smoothly. so i consolidated them to one big clip and quantized all the notes in it and it worked...almost. 2 glitches are still there. weird, isnt it?
i tried recording with LC on and the glitches seem to be recorded no more. but as is said, with LC on, the timings of effects like tempo sync reverser and glitch wont fit exactly plus i get a delay on some tracks. so this is not really an option.
whats going on here???
any help would be appreciated.

cheers, jens
Asus F3Sv 2x2.2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, WinXP | Edirol FA-66 Firewire | Live 7.0.2

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 pm

I have also had quite a few PDC issues lately, usually with UAD plug-ins and/or complex routing (but also really simple sets sometimes) and Live completely "looses" it and the timing of everything goes wrong.

Sometimes saving and re opening sorts it out.