FLstudio live rewire problem

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
dirt77

FLstudio live rewire problem

Post by dirt77 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:55 pm

I have big problem with FLstudio (rewire slave) and Live 4 (rewire master), every time I quit ableton when it runs in rewire mode it crashes with error or doesn’t close and still runs in background. It isn’t only mine problem I saw my friend has the same troubles. Do u know how could I close Live to avoid that symptoms.

funkmaster

Post by funkmaster » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:56 am

Same problem here. Any ideas for resolving this are greatly appreciated.
--------------------------------
System:
Pentium IV 3,06 GHz, 1Gb RAM
Windows XP home SP2
M-Audio Delta66
Live 4.1.1, FL 5.0.2, Reason 3.0,
ReCycle 2.1, Rebirth 2.01,
Sonar 4.0.2 Prod., Project5 1.5, WaveLab 5.00, Kinetic, NI-stuff etc

jardim do mar

Post by jardim do mar » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:40 pm

hi funkmaster,,,,, I get the same problem when I use asio drivers ,,,,,when I use the dx or wave drivers ,everything works good,, are you closing the FL (rewire window) by clicking on the "X" ?

dirt77

Post by dirt77 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:30 pm

Hmmm weird I have dx drivers and it happens all the time, I tried different sequences of quitting and all failed

jardim do mar

Post by jardim do mar » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:35 pm

I'm using the SP-606 drivers,, on windows Xp home, I can intentionally crash or freeze live usio the Asio drivers (rewiring FL) when I switch to dx, everything is good,, have you tried reset settings in Fl ,then install plugin version?Are you using FL 4.52? I'm finding live extremely stable when I'm working" only" in live and its effects etc,, I start to experience "strange happenings" when I in-corperate other programs or synths ,,effects etc.... have you tried experimenting with a different sound device ,,just to see? maybe you have an on board generic device you could try,,, there is definitely something going on with live but maybe you can develop a "work around...

funkmaster

Post by funkmaster » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:38 am

jardim do mar wrote:hi funkmaster,,,,, I get the same problem when I use asio drivers ,,,,,when I use the dx or wave drivers ,everything works good,, are you closing the FL (rewire window) by clicking on the "X" ?
Thanks for the tip regarding the drivers. However, with Live 4 I now think the FL plugin-version is much more convenient to use than rewiring FL into Live (if one is only interested in the FL synths since the audio processing is done perfectly in Live).
--------------------------------
System:
Pentium IV 3,06 GHz, 1Gb RAM
Windows XP home SP2
M-Audio Delta66
Live 4.1.1, FL 5.0.2, Reason 3.0,
ReCycle 2.1, Rebirth 2.01,
Sonar 4.0.2 Prod., Project5 1.5, WaveLab 5.00, Kinetic, NI-stuff etc

Ian F

Post by Ian F » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:20 am

jardim do mar wrote:hi funkmaster,,,,, I get the same problem when I use asio drivers ,,,,,when I use the dx or wave drivers ,everything works good,, are you closing the FL (rewire window) by clicking on the "X" ?
I used to have the same problem of Ableton crashing while closing down after being rewired to FL. For other reason I decided to do a clean install of everything. Next time I went to use FL rewired to Live the problem had gone way.

I would try reset setting on FL and then re register the rewire client and then re install your audio drivers.

Just a suggestion ...may work.

Pheek

FL

Post by Pheek » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:16 pm

I didnt have those problems, but I'm facing something else. Did you guys notice some latency between FL and live to a point that if you record in Live some incoming FL sounds, it's all a bit off (ei. a micro second late)?