free download--- requires Live and Sampler + mac....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:18 am

j2j wrote:Thanks Tonedeft, but I am afraid this will only work if I redo all the samples via wave....

:(

but who knows, maybe somebody has an idea?
aiffs work fine in live on pc, so the problem must be elsewhere...
if you used an AU plugin that'd definitely be a problem though.
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

j2j

Post by j2j » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:39 am

hmm, can you test it out?

The only plugs involved are

sampler

LIve built in

Flanger
Ping pong Delay
Reverb

everything is nice n tidy in an instrument rack...
too many lasers...

autogen

Post by autogen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:42 am

Cheers for the patch j2j,

I couldn't find an adg file in the folder, but I opened the 'X Lead Instrument.als' and got it working from there, if thats the one you intended to be used.

I've converted the aif files to wav, saved an adg preset, then re-packed it as an alp file again. Idk if this will make it work on a PC, but it certainly cleans up the install a bit.

http://download.yousendit.com/E7663C395BB5D9D6

I couldn't seem to make an alp file that installs into the Live Library though. Just out of interest does anyone know how you can make alp files work like this?
MBP 2.4GHz / OSX 10.5.8 / RME FF400 / Live 8.1.1 / Logic 8 / Pro Tools 8

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:44 am

cool, might try it later, I always appreciate it when people kick down to the community.

check here for tips on making Live Packs
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

you can probably ignore my feedback from earlier in the thread, I posted that during the riots.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Prof

Post by Prof » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:56 am

Not sure if this will help but if you download an alp from covert operators they tell you to go to "file -manage files -manage projects -export"

This will put a live pack into your library. Maybe you can do the same.

er, maybe

autogen

Post by autogen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:45 am

Tone Deft wrote:cool, might try it later, I always appreciate it when people kick down to the community.

check here for tips on making Live Packs
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

you can probably ignore my feedback from earlier in the thread, I posted that during the riots.
Thanks for the link. I actually found that thread whilst searching for info on how to do this, but from the posted section of the manual it seems as if making live packs that install straight into the library is something unique to ableton factory packs.
roby wrote:from the downloaded PDF manual, page 74, section 5.12...
...To unpack a Live Pack (i.e., to restore the original Live Project), double-click the Live Pack
file (.alp), drag it into the Live main window, or locate it via the File menu’s Install Live Pack
command. Live will then request that you choose a location for the new Project. Note:
Factory Live Packs (those provided by Ableton) will automatically be installed in the Live
Library.
Seems strange though, as I'm sure a 3rd party pack I've installed from Puremagnetik just installed itself to the library automatically :?
Prof wrote:Not sure if this will help but if you download an alp from covert operators they tell you to go to "file -manage files -manage projects -export"

This will put a live pack into your library. Maybe you can do the same.

er, maybe
Cheers Prof. After reading the pdf with one of the covert operators free packs, it seems that there's no way to do what I'm describing. Apparently no-one but Ableton can create alp files that auto install to the library.
Oh well, no biggy, but it would be nice not to have to fool around after the initial alp install to get the files where you want.
MBP 2.4GHz / OSX 10.5.8 / RME FF400 / Live 8.1.1 / Logic 8 / Pro Tools 8

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:53 am

autogen wrote:Apparently no-one but Ableton can create alp files that auto install to the library.
this was true at one time, but shortly after the release of Live 6 and the completely fucked up 'file management system' Ableton changed something making it easier for users to make Live Packs.

someone will chime in sooner or later, screw it, I'll start a thread. there are DEFINITELY people who know how to do this.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

j2j

Post by j2j » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 am

I thing next time around I am going to ask 4 some testers before I just let everybody try to download..

I feel terrible over a hundred downloads, no idea, how many might not be working...

arrg

sorry

8)
too many lasers...