Does Ableton respond to email?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
[nis]

Post by [nis] » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:59 am

hello,

the shop emails will be handled by customer care as well, so I'd recommend to leave things as they are.

best,
nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

j2j

Post by j2j » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:12 am

gavscope wrote::D Personally, never had anything but great, prompt support. Sometimes within minutes! I imagine they are really busy, but 5 - 12 days sounds like spam filter to me, or some other problem.
Can people see your reflection in mirrors?

+1
too many lasers...

90's child

Post by 90's child » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:46 am

I just called them (customer care) and they were so patient and helpful. Top marks.

darthstephen

Re: Does Ableton respond to email?

Post by darthstephen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:07 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
darthstephen wrote:
dear ableton,

hire some staff.

sincerely,

a pissed off customer waiting to give you more money
Yes, because clearly the amount of time it would take to hire staff and train them to answer your email would be WAY shorter than just plowing through their current emails with a bit of a delay.

Deep breaths, people, they aren't doing this to piss you off.

funny...i guess they should have hired staff prior to the release not a week after, but oh well...

i called them. they refuse to discount the suite upgrade price for owners of the aas modeling collection. so, they are essentially offering no discount to these customers who have already dropped 500 plus dollars with aas.

i'm skipping the suite (hopefully not missing out too much on drum machines) and just buying the download upgrade.

i'm really disappointed in ableton this time around. they must know that the discount they are offering aas customers on the instruments is almost useless at this stage. i'm willing to bet not a single person has taken advantage of this offer. if you did, then i'd love to hear about it.

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:11 pm

bartvd wrote:ive got excellent support within 2 days..
great support by ableton!
The customer support is fantastic in my experience. the longest i have had to wait is two days - for a reply to an email sent on the day of the release. thats on the 'sales' side. as fas as support for problems etc, a response within the hour is not unheard of. best software company i've ever dealt with.

Action Jackson

Post by Action Jackson » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:06 pm

I purchaed the upgrade to the boxed Ableton Suite 7 and got a response with payment details in two days. I transferred my payment with wire transfer over a week ago and this week asked them to check if the money had arrived. No answer so far, but I'm not too conserned about this. Having worked under a lot of stress with tons of inquiries, I understand that it's an overwhelming task for anyone to deal with that amount of work. Let's have some xmas spirit and cut the Abes some slack. I'm sure all inquiries and orders will be dealt with as soon as is humanly possible. Sure it'd be great to receive my upgrade now, but I still do have my Live 6 working like a dream, so it's not the end of the world if I don't get my upgrade immediately. Just as long as I get my upgrade eventually with the price that was agreed upon. I believe that the upgrade is worth waiting for. I'd probably have it already if I'd had enough credit on my credit card, but I had to choose the slower payment option.

elblanco

Post by elblanco » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:56 pm

i had been waiting for an email response for a week, finally called and got someone.

very helpful and i did end up getting an AAS crossgrade discount for the suite upgrade.

(i had the modeling collection)

bought over the phone via credit card and got my serial number within a couple hrs.

definitely call them...

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 pm

elblanco wrote:i had been waiting for an email response for a week, finally called and got someone.

very helpful and i did end up getting an AAS crossgrade discount for the suite upgrade.

(i had the modeling collection)

bought over the phone via credit card and got my serial number within a couple hrs.

definitely call them...
WTF???

they denied me any additional discount and i'm a registered user of the modeling collection as well.

i feel really screwed right now. it's been 9 days since my original request, i call by phone and get no discount, and now i find out others are receiving these discounts. :x
Last edited by darthstephen on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elblanco

Post by elblanco » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:10 pm

maybe you should call again

maybe it depends on who you talk to?

[/quote]

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:12 pm

elblanco wrote:maybe you should call again

maybe it depends on who you talk to?
[/quote]

well that really isn't right. i just bought the standard upgrade download too... :roll:

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:47 pm

okay...

i just emailed about this again. i'm sure ableton will work this out for me. all i want is a fair price on the suite upgrade (that is, the same price that all other aas modeling collection owners are getting)

i'll just have to be patient with their response.

earthlinger

Re: Does Ableton respond to email?

Post by earthlinger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:51 am

darthstephen wrote:

i called them. they refuse to discount the suite upgrade price for owners of the aas modeling collection. so, they are essentially offering no discount to these customers who have already dropped 500 plus dollars with aas.

i'm skipping the suite (hopefully not missing out too much on drum machines) and just buying the download upgrade.

i'm really disappointed in ableton this time around. they must know that the discount they are offering aas customers on the instruments is almost useless at this stage. i'm willing to bet not a single person has taken advantage of this offer. if you did, then i'd love to hear about it.
same situation here...After I heard only 10 percent discount to suite upgrade for AAS customers I skipped upgrading to 7 completely for now...Probably I will wait for the bug fix updates till I'm sure it's stable enough to purchase...only download upgrade...no suite
----------------------------
lyingdyingwonderbody#2

bonomius

Post by bonomius » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:29 pm

i've made paypal payment 2 days ago but i still haven't received the serial.
They said in mail that as soon as they received the money they will send it.
Does paypal take more days to transfer money? Or they are so busy?
I really hoped to get it at least before the weekend!

lola

Post by lola » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:46 pm

bonomius wrote:i've made paypal payment 2 days ago but i still haven't received the serial.
They said in mail that as soon as they received the money they will send it.
Does paypal take more days to transfer money? Or they are so busy?
I really hoped to get it at least before the weekend!
Have waited 5 days for a serial with paypal, be patient, some things are worth to wait for.

suie_paparude

Post by suie_paparude » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:35 pm

Ableton support is great.Period.
Last time it took 5 minutes to receive an email with confirmation of account reset to get my live 7 unlocked on my other g4 because i reached the unlock limit.
One time Christian Kleine responded.I like his music alot.
The fact that artists are involved in the support process is beautiful.
Average time for ableton support for me is 1 hour.Sometomes they responded almost instantly sometimes after 1-2 hours.
This is what i call support.
Good work guys.
http://www.suiepaparude.ro
MBPro,Live(1.5-8),Sampler,Operator,Analog,Reaktor,Pluggo,Kore,Mode,Bias Peak,Sonalksis,Reason,Audio Damage,Absynth,Massive,Korg Legacy collection + controller,FAW Circle,Synplant