•Live 4, What's the ONE thing you wanted but didn't get?????

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
nextaz

snapshots

Post by nextaz » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm

hi

i want 5 or more FX SNAPSHOTS (midi program) for live FX presets!

for example - i press some key and my reverb is automaticly change preset to snapshot 1 then i press another key and my reverb is change for snapshot 2 where i have another preset

respect for live 4 !!

regards

nextaz

audiosapien

Post by audiosapien » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:50 pm

Midi Channels in a Midi Clip! A midi note inspector with a tweakable midi channel would be good. Shift-drag or Channel tool to run through midi channels would be ideal (with audio feedback - of course).

Owch! Live4 takes me back to the 80's where one instrument articulation was all you needed for a cheesy Brass line. Multi-timbral clips (e.g. multi-articulation - yeh stabs (Ch.1), swells (Ch.2), glissando (Ch.3) and falls (Ch.4) in the same clip) are impossible :( .

Keyswitched patches are one way round it, but that'd mean months of sampler instrument tweaking...I guess I'll wait around with Logic PC for the moment.

But great job Ableton... brilliant beta phase. I'm gonna be a grateful member of your revolution soon! Roll on Live 4.1...my Visa's all a quiver.

Regards,

audiosapien

organism

A native mp3 player plugin

Post by organism » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:22 pm

....like the Xtal Vsti plugin with muliple outs that can be patched to audio tracks ...this would make L4 a deadly digiDJ option..

hrdvsion

Post by hrdvsion » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:21 am

user definable defaults

kptkar

midi fx

Post by kptkar » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:17 am

I'd like to have more midi fx/tools possibly the abilty to use those that already exist such as in Sonar. One in particular is to create lo and hi key splits so that the lower register can play bass lines of one vst/au and the upper register can play lead/melody lines. Something lacking in todays USB/Midi controllers.
Of course there are many MIDI related items to consider adding now that Live is MIDI'd up. I'm confident by the great support that has been given by Ableton so far that more will come, hopefully this one in particular comes soon.
Live 4 is incredible and couldn't have come at a better time. I've used so many audio/midi software but this is the first that keeps the creativity flowing. I dig the simple interface, have always disliked the 3 dimensional lets make it look like the hardware approach so many take on which just gets in the way. Keep up the great work Ableton! :D
iBook G4 1.33, 1.25mb FW410,Edirol PCR50. Live 5+Operator.

out of town user

midi set up need to be way better

Post by out of town user » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:16 am

just going through what i can use related to midi here in 4.0..yes live is great but without changing tempo and time signaature ability makes no sense to me that this was done seriously..try importing a general midi file with more than 2 tracks perhaps some patch changes time signature changes and tempo changes and you will see how poorly the program is able to respond in midi..lets see what upgrades bring.
peace
hopeful for better days

gort

Post by gort » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:33 am

ability to "step through" a sample or recorded MIDI sequence with one MIDI key. each time you "tap" the key, it advances (1/16, 1/8 etc. assignable) through the sample or sequence.

a parameter to set the length of stoppage before returning to the beginnging of the sample or sequence would be cool too. so, if you kept "tapping" the assigned controller it would continue to step through and loop to the beggining after tapping the last bit, but if you stop, it stops where you stopped in the sample/seq..

real cool to set up pads/atmospherics to play with MIDI drums or foot triggers.

,gort
hi-q hits and handclaps not holywars and hand grenades

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:13 am

hrdvsion wrote:user definable defaults
I second that one. I just tried to find the "factory settings" filter delay preset to see if I could over write it with a transparent (all delays off) setting. But it doesn't seem to exist unfortunately.

All we need is for the factory default in each plugin to be an accessible file called "default" That way we can over write it with a preferred fx setting.

An option when saving a preset to "save setting as default" would be an even better way.

warabunga

Post by warabunga » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:17 pm

I'd like EVERYTHING midi controllable... especially impulse!
like the good old roland times... and maybe some more innovative ways to control things by midi (one controller controlls 2 things or two controllers control the same thing)
AND, I'm sorry, that midi messages are clearly separated by midi channels!!

I don't have the space for a mouse.
kontroll freak :D

respect to live4!
--
macbook pro | Leopard | 2.33 Ghz | 3 Gig Ram | Lemur | Monome 256 | BCF/BCR2000 | Faderfox LX2
I'm Spoiled!

majestic

Post by majestic » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:49 am

REX support.

I use a G4 PB and need every spare CPU cycle I can get, so I don't want to have to ReWire Reason and load up Dr Rex just to use my loop libs... :(

frugalpole

features...

Post by frugalpole » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:09 am

how about adding a few DAW things and LIVE becoming the SWEETEST -- APP ever!!!

it would be great if i could sell logic.

- view both windows simultaneously
- destructive edits (so don't have to bounce everything... but then again, even logic has a very limited destructive edit

i don't know if i will upgrade to 4 or wait a bit...

thoughts?

Re: missing features

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:22 pm

podprod wrote:To me LIVE is still in development on the way to full potential..
Somewhat confused that we go to the trouble of adding midi then leave out a good many basic midi rules and features including changing time signatures within the piece ..the world is not always in 4/4 or 3/4 all the way through! If we import a general midi file with changing time ignatures live will not see those?
This is a big issue to me and anyone else in production who shares music with others!
Please! Help!
regards
PODPROD
I haven't bought the product yet, but this would be a huge deal for me. Almost all of my music changes time signatures at some point in the piece...

Josh C.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:36 pm

some sort of Recycle-type chopper in Simpler. It would be nice for programming some intense breaks.

detroitechno

Post by detroitechno » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:54 am

More than 1 midi port for clocking external gear! totally retarded! what software DOESN'T do this besides live? none. completely stupid!
A bunch of gear, cords, and a computer...

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:02 pm

I'd like to be able to stretch midi like audio. Sometimes I like to play grooves on the octopad but without a click track. Afterward I could stretch to tempo and keep the original feel.