How to do re-edits..

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
tom b.

How to do re-edits..

Post by tom b. » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Does anyone have any steps to follow when doing a re-edit in Abelton ... just looking for some tips

thanks,

Tom

willnana

Re: How to do re-edits..

Post by willnana » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:15 pm

tom b. wrote:Does anyone have any steps to follow when doing a re-edit in Abelton ... just looking for some tips

thanks,

Tom
You mean like chopping a section out of a track? Or adding to a track?

tom b.

Post by tom b. » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:03 pm

willnana wrote:
tom b. wrote:Does anyone have any steps to follow when doing a re-edit in Abelton ... just looking for some tips

thanks,

Tom
what i am doing at the moment is chopping up stuff in sounforge and then throwing them into abelton ... just looking to see how people use Abelton from there on really

willnana

Post by willnana » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:56 pm

tom b. wrote:
willnana wrote:

thanks,

Tom
what i am doing at the moment is chopping up stuff in sounforge and then throwing them into abelton ... just looking to see how people use Abelton from there on really
You add drum loops for a mix in or out if you don't like the orginal. I have done things like that to extend the mix for a minute or so. I have also chopped out sections, like a breakdown, that i dont like. from there i add little loops or extend another breakdown some. the nice thing about all of this is you can do what you like with it.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:49 pm

tom b. wrote:
willnana wrote:

thanks,

Tom
unless youre using dx/vst/au plugins and native plugins with soundforge, and just editing the dry sample as is, an even faster way would be to select your cllip, leftclick and hold leftclick while pressing tab, get it out into arrangement view, edit it there, consolidate your new clip, and the select it in arrangement view, click and hold, press tab, and move it back into the clip slot. dead easy, and fast to work with once you get the hand of it.